Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

LETS HAVE A LISTEN!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LETS HAVE A LISTEN!!!!!!!

Everytime someone posts a link to their website or to one of their songs, I get really pumped. I love listening to ORIGINAL music, especially that of my fellow vdrummer colleagues! SO, let's hear it FELLAS! POST IT HERE!

I'm sorry to be selfish as I don't have anything to offer currently, but my band mates and I are in the studio at The Cleveland Institute of Music recording our first and having a BLAST! I will have some stuff for you shortly!

Regards!

JP

VPRO set, DW5000 double pedal, Tama Iron Cobra, KD-120 & KD-7, KC-500 monitor.

This was recorded with a Spacemuffins kit with mesh heads, a Ddrum snare, and acoustic cymbals. I used a Ddrum4 - mega kit sounds. Mel Gaynor DW's...

Recorded in studio w/ band...

I am a crappy drummer.....
    http://www.sepdrums.com/THUNDER.mp3

http://www.sepdrums.com/SET2.mp3

I have more if anyone wants to hear (10)..

Hey Jparsons - how would this style do in the Cleveland area?? We are making a few band adjustments and will be looking to play that area as well as pittsburgh...?? ANy thoughts?? If we totally suck, please let me know...

Erik
    SEPdrums

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited February 25, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited February 25, 2002).]

Comment

Erik (Sepdrums)

I'm sure that you would be well received here in Cleveland. The local music scene is absolutely huge and there are plenty of places which would take you in. However, BE PATIENT! It might take awhile to get a gig. The really good places are booked 3 bands per night, 7 days a week.

The Grog Shop is one place that comes to mind and seems like it would be a good atmoshpere for you. It's on the east side of Cleveland. Look for it in Yahoo under Grog Shop, Cleveland.

You're not a crappy drummer. Punk is really hard to play well! That says a lot! You play punk much better than a lot of other drummers that I've seen/heard in the local music world.

JP

------------------

Comment

Ok, since you are on the subject, can some one give me some advice? I am using Musicmatch Jukebox as my MP3 player and I am getting a Max Headroom type rapid repeat on everything I download and even on music that has been taken from CD to MP3. What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting out of whack or what? I have some music I want to share, but I don't want it doing this.

Comment

sep........joe jackson(early stuff)or the cramps an influence on the band?
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I have heard someone tell us that the one song sounds like an oldie...

The bass player who wrote it is a bigtime gearhead into rebuilding and showing old cars at different shows and cruise ins...so i can see where he would get it...

I just play drums...

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by c. jude:
              Sounds like crap on my little computer JBLs.
              mine too.

kidding!!!!!!!! nicely done. i was so inspired i went and just bought a harley and grew a mullet.

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited February 25, 2002).]

Comment

ps - erik, i don't think your drumming sounds crappy at all. you play in time and outline the melody well. my one suggestion would be to accent in different places (on set two you crash on the 1 every other bar - a little predicatable) if you want to stretch out a bit more.

dizzy gillespie used to tell his drummers "you can't play four too much for me."

Comment

Originally posted by GRRAVEE:
                  sep........joe jackson(early stuff)or the cramps an influence on the band?
                  Early cramps rule!

Comment

Sep:

It sounds great! From listening...it sounds like you drum with confidence. It is very solid.

Not everyone is Buddy Rich. I know I'm far from it. However, you sound very good at what you do and what you've presented.

It does become nerve wracking to subject your playing to your peers. I know that I am painfully aware of every off beat or missed strike, etc. However, we are our own worst critics. It takes steel gonads to open yourself to criticism. I respect that.

Good Job!

PS: Joe Jackson's the man!
                    WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

Hey Erik, good stuff!
                      Must be great to be able to record your own songs...

C.Jude, sounds great!

Love to hear more!
                      DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Erik,

Sitting here listening to you stuff.....love it!!

When you get the deal & come to the Uk get us on the guest list!!

Lammo (always on the scab for free tickets!!!) :cool

Comment

You can hear me at: http://navinthejerk0.tripod.com/navinshideaway/

No band, just a drummer wanking away with his brand new e-drums late one night.
                          Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

hey navin - thanks for sharing. sounds very cool. and kudos on the one-handed rim roll (which has been a recent topic of conversation - see tips and tricks)!

Comment

you can hear some of my recordings at my bands website. www.positivelogic.org
                              go to the music section and dl the songs by right cliking on it and saying save target as. These are just some cheesy recording done live at practice with a mixer into my computer. No special effects or anything being used. Our REAL demo will be coming out in 2-3 months.

------------------
                              -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
                              -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Working...
                              X