Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Drone Halo 360 Low volume Cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drone Halo 360 Low volume Cymbals

Interested design, floating piezos and 360 degress triggering.
    Drone Halo 360 cymbal set. The Halo ring is mounted to the cymbal by rubber pillars. Here the piezo floats on the ring free from the cymbal so it can't be hit directly. Roland compatible set. Runs like a Roland VH11 and won't wear out.

They seem to have a lot of other interesting products too, the cable splitter and mods for the vh11. Has anyone ever bought from them?

Comment

Does this guy have a website? If so, can someone provide a link.

Comment

He does really cool stuff but he don’t want/can’t go into mass production, you have to be patient and wait until he puts stuff for sale on ebay. He has a Facebook page too and replies quickly, I’m using his drone side triggers and they work perfectly with my edrumins
        Last edited by walkinded; 10-15-20, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I believe he used to make the Kit-toys cymbals that used to pop up on Ebay. Really nice guy and as previously mentioned he replies to everything really quickly. I bought a second hand Kit toys splash on Ebay a few months ago that was missing the anti spin device and messaged him. Even though he's stopped making those cymbals he manufactured a new one and posted it out within a week or so.

Comment

Yeah, Mike's a great guy to deal with! I bought a 13" Halo trigger off him a while ago - it's a great trigger, the price was brilliant and really quickly dispatched and delivered, with plenty of chat and support to go along with it. Oh and I bought one of the Goedrum hi hat washers before that too, great little tool for a tiny cost.

As walkinded says, more than anything it seems he's pretty much a hobbyist who makes a bunch of items and uses some sales to fund his next idea, rather than someone looking to make a big business out of it. In some respects that's a shame as I think the things he makes are great, but on the other hand I can understand wanting to build stuff more out of passion rather than dealing with large volumes of orders or customers. You can drop him a message on his FB page and he'll typically respond within a day. Definitely worth it if you like the look of any of his triggers.
            The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

I would love to have a set of the LV triggered cymbals for a small portable setup i have based around the AD5, Diamond snare and Jobeky drums. I think these look fantastic and the best trigger for LV cymbals i've seen. I've already purchased way too much than i should have this year though, maybe will contact him next year if funds allow Any ideas on pricing?

Had no idea the drone trigger guy was the same as the kit toys guy, glad he is still around and working on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsc View Post
                Yeah, Mike's a great guy to deal with! I bought a 13" Halo trigger off him a while ago - it's a great trigger, the price was brilliant and really quickly dispatched and delivered, with plenty of chat and support to go along with it. Oh and I bought one of the Goedrum hi hat washers before that too, great little tool for a tiny cost.

As walkinded says, more than anything it seems he's pretty much a hobbyist who makes a bunch of items and uses some sales to fund his next idea, rather than someone looking to make a big business out of it. In some respects that's a shame as I think the things he makes are great, but on the other hand I can understand wanting to build stuff more out of passion rather than dealing with large volumes of orders or customers. You can drop him a message on his FB page and he'll typically respond within a day. Definitely worth it if you like the look of any of his triggers.
                What's the halo trigger like? Is it the one with the multiple dampers around the edge? How much was it?
                Roland TD-50 Digital Pack, Mapex V shells + UFO eBridge triggers.

Comment

They seem to have a lot of other interesting products too, the cable splitter and mods for the vh11. Has anyone ever bought from them?
                  I had splitters that I made. They used to fail over time, like small cuts/bad contact. This is because of the connector I used. So, I decided to organize my cables and eliminate the splitters. Then I bought the breakout box from Drone some time ago. Really good product. Very good physical connection and no failures/cuts so far, playing almost every day.
                  He is also very communicative/supportive and really nice guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Breakout-bo...7/124361006190

Cheers
                  Ronaldo B.

Comment

What a great find, he makes some great stuff.. think i’ll Be updating my snare side mount trigger to his multi cone figuration.
                    A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

Comment

Yes. Mike is a super guy! I have bought his drone drum triggers for my 2 box module and they are working great ! He is very knowledgeable and friendly
                      Last edited by Jeffo; 11-12-20, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I bought one set and they work pretty good with my edrumin10, only drawback is they are loud... too loud for me.... so I will put them for sale...

Comment

Originally posted by Toon toon View Post
                          What a great find, he makes some great stuff.. think i’ll Be updating my snare side mount trigger to his multi cone figuration.
                          Just wanted 2 let you know. His Halo dual trigger design has one rim piezo and one rim trigger. The other cones are just for leveling the cone height, they are not triggers like other multi cone designs like Jmans(, Rest in Peace) Ism 6 had three head and 3 rim. I found that out the hard way, lol! But the Halo triggers great. No complaints

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffo View Post

Just wanted 2 let you know. His Halo dual trigger design has one rim piezo and one rim trigger. The other cones are just for leveling the cone height, they are not triggers like other multi cone designs like Jmans(, Rest in Peace) Ism 6 had three head and 3 rim. I found that out the hard way, lol! But the Halo triggers great. No complaints
                            Thanks for letting me know, that’s a shame as it looks as though it would be a great set up if they were all triggers.
                            A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

Comment

Originally posted by Toon toon View Post

Thanks for letting me know, that’s a shame as it looks as though it would be a great set up if they were all triggers.
                              He argues that having multiple triggers just increases the number of hotspots and that the signal from 3 or different sensors wreaks havoc on trigger settings, each sensor sends a different signal...

Comment

Working...
                              X