Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

AE Hybrid Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE Hybrid Drums

Hi ,

the guy from aehybriddrums himself is roaming this forums for a few months now, providing reasonable advice while pointing to his products. So I took a look at the homepage.

Man, this looks awesome.

I`d love to hear feedback by someone who already owns such a drumset how well it is triggering, and while I am in no market to buy a new drumset for 4k Euro, I am exceptionally excited about the triggered Low Volume Cymbals, which look like theyre built pretty well. 695 Euro is not cheap, but compared to ATV or Roland Cymbals it`s still in the ballpark.

Sad thing, as always, you can`t just go to a music store and try them out. Of course you could order them and send them back if they do not blow you away, but while I have no issue using this gurantee by stores like thomann or sweetwater, I would rather not do that to a company like Jobeky, rdrums or this new one if I am not sure I want to keep the products.

So, anyone not related to the owner already played products from this new company?
    I would love to see that company prevail and have another option for E-Drummers that want a little more choice than 3 wraps and one type of cymbals.

Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

I looked also - the shells are nice and his triggers look top notch
    Ludwig Accent 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| eDRUMin ED10 | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors | IK ARC 3

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post
      Hi ,

the guy from aehybriddrums himself is roaming this forums for a few months now, providing reasonable advice while pointing to his products.
      Hopefully not too much to annoy anyone here.

So I took a look at the homepage.

Man, this looks awesome.
      Thank you very much, i really apprciate that. I invested a lot effort into this project and finally the company.
      We haven't finished producing the demo videos yet and for this reason I haven't fully promoted the brand across the board yet.
      Wanted to have everything fits together nicely.

Sad thing, as always, you can`t just go to a music store and try them out. Of course you could order them and send them back if they do not blow you away, but while I have no issue using this gurantee by stores like thomann or sweetwater, I would rather not do that to a company like Jobeky, rdrums or this new one if I am not sure I want to keep the products.
      I appreciate your attitude towards this. Indeed, we are a little company from scratch but you can visit us and, of course, check out all of the drums and cymbals we provide. Depending on where you live.
      We have a 4 piece show room kit (the white one from the teaser video) with a full cymbal set and a Roland TD-17 (and several VSTi like Superior Drummer 3, Addictive Drums 2, Modern Drummer, GetGoodDrums) in Magdeburg, Germany (Saxony-Anhalt).

I would love to see that company prevail and have another option for E-Drummers that want a little more choice than 3 wraps and one type of cymbals.
      On our website you can find more information about our philosophy and actual concept and services. We not only provide 2 or 3 finishes, we actually provide as many shell sets as you can find on the market. We let the customer chose the shell set of his choice (any shell set you(/we) can buy here in Germany) and we convert it completely with our trigger systems. So if you like to have a Tama Starclassic Bubinga, a Sonor SQ2 or a Pearl Reference or just a little bob/cocktail kit, you’ll get it fully converted from us. And even if there is any extraordenary set we can not get here or you want the acoustic set you already own to be converted, you can buy it yourself and send it to us for conversion. The good thing about that is that you not only have an eKit, but also a complete acoustically usable shell set from a brand that you personally like and appreciate in quality. The main reason for this business concept was to provide all these features for a reasonable price. I actually never really saw people buying eDrums of cheap chinese shells which are just eDrums for about $ 8k.

Regarding cymbals, we provide silver low volume cymbals with two or three trigger zones in 14“ hihats (+controller), two 18“ crashes and a 20“ ride, to date. We surely will extend the product range in the future but can not tell what will come exactly yet. For now we didn‘t want a Jobeky like solution for eCymbals with full metal/bronce cymbals because they are pretty loud and there is a reasonable noise limit for eDrums we think. For drummers who just want to play their eDrums live on stage or who have no issues with noise in their space of course it is a nice asthetic aspect. Play wise there is practically no difference between a low volume cymbal and a „real“ triggered bronce cymbal. (except that you're likely to wear out your sticks on the sharp edge of a „real“ cymbal like the Jobeky Real Feel, which can damage the mesh heads and rubber rim silencers) And of course you wouldn‘t get a set for less than a Roland or ATV set (just for asthetics).

If you have any questions to our products and services feel free to contact me directly. I hope i could help you out somewhat.
      Last edited by AEHybridDrums; 10-14-20, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X