Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Second Module Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Module Recommendations

Hi all. I am using my TM-6 Pro at home as a drum module while band stuff is limited due to THE THING. It’s ideal for practice, and recording drum tracks for remote demos via USB audio works very well.

My issue is that I’m splitting two stereo inputs to get a full kit’s worth of playing surfaces, so I’m losing the benefit of my stereo cymbals, and I’d like to dedicate all six outs on the TM-6 Pro to drums I can mix individually on my DAW.

So I’m considering buying a low cost 2nd hand module just for cymbals, that I can record together via stereo outs, and with a MIDI Out so I can keep the MIDI performance data for remixing. I’d prefer to stick to Roland as I use a Goedrum GHC or FD-7 for hi-hat control, but I can live with keeping the hi-hat on the TM-6 Pro if another brand module is suggested.

So my question is: what model drum module would you recommend that’s available 2nd hand for around 100ish beer tokens and has a decent selection of cymbal sounds? I’m in TD-3/TD-6V/DTXpress IV/DTXtreme territory according to eBay, but there may be others worth a look.

What say you all?
    Roland TM-6 Pro with Roland RT30 triggers and PD-8 for hybrid acoustic, and Yamaha PCY130S cymbals for all electronic. Plus all the acoustic stuff.

Originally posted by Unkle Kev View Post
    available 2nd hand for around 100ish beer tokens and has a decent selection of cymbal sounds? I’m in TD-3/TD-6V/DTXpress IV/DTXtreme territory according to eBay, but there may be others worth a look.

What say you all?
    TD-3 cymbal sound the best of all (for your budget,100$) others use loops or have lower sustain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCVK9pUJNbg
    Last edited by Chris K; 10-17-20, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Many thanks, Chris!
      Roland TM-6 Pro with Roland RT30 triggers and PD-8 for hybrid acoustic, and Yamaha PCY130S cymbals for all electronic. Plus all the acoustic stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X