Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Can I change the PDX-12 mesh head?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change the PDX-12 mesh head?!

I just saw a PDX-12 for 110 EUR and I'm looking for a 12" pad to use as snare. Originally I was planning to convert an acoustic snare and use the Triggera Intrigg. It would cost around 120 EUR.

Then I found the Roland PDX-12 for 110 EUR, which I believe will deliver the same and I can move my PDX-100 to be the floor tom. I just want to be sure I can use the Drum-tec Real Feel mesh head.

Can I change the PDX-12 mesh head?

ufabet

Yes, you can change the head of the PDX-12. The PDX-12 uses a mesh head with regular, acoustic-style collar, so you can use any 12 inch mesh head that is compatible with a 12 inch acoustic drum or comparable e-drum.

Comment

what will you do with the roland head after you replace it?
      Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by OdinAbbas View Post
        Then I found the Roland PDX-12 for 110 EUR, which I believe will deliver the same and I can move my PDX-100 to be the floor tom. I just want to be sure I can use the Drum-tec Real Feel mesh head.
        If that requirement means you care a lot about feel, you'd get a much better feel with a 14" snare and that head. A 12" snare will be bouncy even with a RealFeel on it.

Comment

Working...
        X