Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Will the Mimic Pro accept DDrum 4 SE pads ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Mimic Pro accept DDrum 4 SE pads ?

Hi everyone,
    First post :-)

I searched around the forum but couldn't find much about the good (very) old DDrum 4 SE.

I'm about to purchase a Pearl Mimic Pro.
    As I still have my ddrum 4 kit (and it works like a charm after all these years :-) ), I thought I would keep it and use the pads with the new module.

I've read the mimic pro is compatible with most pads on the market, but as the ddrum4 pads are discontinued and quite old, I'm not sure they will be compatible.
    Regarding the HiHat and cymbals, I will buy new ones (probably ATV or Roland).

This is mostly for live gigs by the way.

Any recommendation for this combination ?

Many thanks for your help ! :-)
    Cheers

The ddrum4 se pads are basically mesh pads with a redshot trigger on them so the mimic should have no problem with them. The older pad which I have using normal skins just has a disk piezo in the bottom. They are all fairly simple piezo offerings. Even the snare just has a 2nd piezo for rim. Not sure about the cymbals or hi hat though so maybe someone else can answer that although as you say you won’t be using them.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

mkok thank you for your detailed answer !
      I wasn't sure about the piezo type and the compatibility with the mimic.
      Thanks again, I'm now ready to order :-)
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X