Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New e-kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New e-kit

I'll be getting my new e-kit in a couple of days.
    Do any of you have suggestions on what to do or don't concerning the TDW-1 expansion board?
    Should I put it in or wait?

------------------
    Woody
    Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

Originally posted by Woody:
    Do any of you have suggestions on what to do or don't concerning the TDW-1 expansion board?
    Should I put it in or wait?
    I would recommend you wait. Try out each of the 45 kits (46-50 are called user kits and are copies of existing kits for you to tweak). Note the kits that you think are keepers and which are dogs not worth saving. Then install the exp card. Give yourself some time to determine the keepers and dogs. Then overwrite the TDW-1 dogs with the TD-10 keepers.

PS: when you install the card, if you check the TD-10 preset kits, you will find they gave you 5 new kits to replace the "user kits" I mentioned earlier. So you actually will have 100 unique kits once the exp card is installed.

For your next purchase, you should consider a Memory Card (if you don't already have one). But that's another post.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

If you can afford to, get it now. It's definitely worth it.

There you go one buy it now, one wait. What will you do?

BTW there's a drumkit named Woody, I'm sure it will be your favorite.

[This message has been edited by Arriguy (edited April 09, 2002).]

Comment

O.K. Boingo, I'm starting to understand what's going on with this even before I have the set.
        On your recommendation I will wait and try out the kit the way it is and become more familiar with it.
        I do have a tendency for tinkeritis, so, it will be hard to resist temptation.
        Do they have an online manual for the TD-10 module?
        Also, what is the advantage of the memory card?

------------------
        Woody
        Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woody:
          O.K. Boingo, I'm starting to understand what's going on with this even before I have the set.
          On your recommendation I will wait and try out the kit the way it is and become more familiar with it.
          I do have a tendency for tinkeritis, so, it will be hard to resist temptation.
          Do they have an online manual for the TD-10 module?
          Also, what is the advantage of the memory card?

First off I hear what Boingo my man is saying but if it were me I'd put the TDW-1 in right off the bat considering it's what the td-10 should have been in the first place ...There is no online manual that I know of but somebody had a pdf at one time ,.....the only advantage of the memory card is to save tweeked kits that you have made befor installing the TDW-1 as I see it.

Enjoy the e's

------------------
          ~REDMAN~
          ~REDMAN~

Comment

Don't wait the TDW-1 adds so much to the kit install it right away. I personally feel that there really is nothing you will miss. All the kits are still there the only thing that you really lose is some of the sequence patterns. ALRIGHT, I CHANGED MY MIND, maybe you should run through the kits at least once just so you know what you have hidding in the TD-10 but don't start tweaking until you have installed the card why do it twice.

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

I thought that roland was shipping the td-10 w/the expansion kit installed already. Did I hear wrong?
              td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

Originally posted by IndustrialDrummer:
                I thought that roland was shipping the td-10 w/the expansion kit installed already. Did I hear wrong?
                It's not installed, it's in the box.

The V-concert doesn't ship with the exp card. The V-Session does. Both use the TD-10.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I should receive my v-session tomorrow.
                  I got a feeling I'll be sleeping with the manual for awhile.
                  Does it take long to get to know it well?

------------------
                  Woody
                  Woody

Comment

This board and the4 search function help you to get to know the module quickly. I rarely used my manual when I got my gear. I would install that TDW1 immediately. When you do, you can replace the lousy cartoon kits, babies burping,etc. with the ones from the original 50 that appeal to you.
                    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
                    Presonus Firepod
                    Reaper
                    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Hmmm...... you got a good point there, Steve,
                      I got to at least check them out, though.

------------------
                      Woody
                      Woody

Comment

Working...
                      X