Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Alesis DM4 pads with Roland TD-9

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alesis DM4 pads with Roland TD-9

    Hello!
    I'm in the process of converting my acoustic kit to electronic. I got Roland TD-9 with kick, toms and snare triggers and now I have to do something for the cymbals and hats.
    I found second hand Alesis DM4 kit for a reasonable price. I wonder will I be able to connect its hat, cymbals and eventually some pads to Roland TD-9 for expanding the capabilities of my converted acoustic kit?
    If this will work I'll get the hats, 3 cymbals and 5 extra pads so it could become an interesting kit in the end. Just need the info about compatibility.
    Thanks in advance!
    Gordan

  • #2
    DM4 + triggers --> MIDI OUT --> MIDI cable --> MIDI IN --> TD9 + triggers --> Audio

    or

    DM4 + triggers --> Audio OUT --> audio cable(s) --> Aux/Mix IN --> TD9 + triggers --> Audio

    etc,
    Last edited by electrodrummer; 07-15-20, 05:53 AM.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
      DM4 + triggers --> MIDI OUT --> MIDI cable --> MIDI IN --> TD9 + triggers --> Audio

      or

      DM4 + triggers --> Audio OUT --> audio cable(s) --> Aux/Mix IN --> TD9 + triggers --> Audio

      etc,
      Thanks, that's a nice solution but I was looking for a setup which will only include one drum module. That's why I asked about cymbals and pads compatibility. Do you happen to have some experience with that?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gradic76 View Post

        Thanks, that's a nice solution but I was looking for a setup which will only include one drum module. That's why I asked about cymbals and pads compatibility. Do you happen to have some experience with that?
        (you got enough inputs on the TD9?)

        The pads will probably work as single zone pads. The DM4 hat controller is unlikely to work on thew TD9. Extra features like choke and multiple zones may not either.
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

          (you got enough inputs on the TD9?)

          The pads will probably work as single zone pads. The DM4 hat controller is unlikely to work on thew TD9. Extra features like choke and multiple zones may not either.
          Yes, I believe I have. There are plenty of inputs on the snake cable and two extra inputs on the module. I'll check how cybals and pads are working both ways. I strongly doubt DM4 kit has choke option on the cymbals.

          Just to be clear. DM4 with its elements is connected to midi in on the TD-9. It just serves as some kind of "input pads" module and TD-9 does all the work with instruments, effects etc?
          Thanks!

          Comment

          Working...
          X