Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Best module for ATV exs-5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best module for ATV exs-5?

Hi,

So I finally decided to buy the ATV exs-5, it seems a really great kit. It would be my first ekit, as I switch from an acoustic. The new problem is choosing the module. So I have some options:

- ATV xd3: It's the cheapest option. But somehow I don't like the snare and some kick sounds. It hasn't sound editing options, but the toms and cymbals sound great. I like experimental sounds, this module doesn't really offer that (like dubstep). But as standard module it would maybe be fine for now, eventually I could experiment with a vst.
    I read some topics about the xd3 but now it has a kit creating function, so maybe that changes opinions.
    - TD 17: I would've to switch to a vh-10 HH. It has more editing options and more sounds. But it's sad to go from a 14" to 12" HH. The sounds of the xd3 are maybe more realistic but the TD 17 sounds more 'full'. (Don't know how to describe). Also I would get dual zone toms with the TD 17 (but this isn't a deal breaker)
    - ATV AD5: More fine tuning options and other sounds, but €500 more expensive. Don't know if it's that much of an improvement for that money.
    - 2BOX DRUMIT three: don't really know that much of it. Seems a bit more difficult to get right and I don't know that much of changing settings. Could be nice, but also don't want to spend a lot of time to set it up. Plus I don't have any vst now, so I can't import kits.

I doubt the most between the xd3/td-17, as I would like a nice sound for practice now and I later can add a vst for gigging/recording (has no priority atm).
    I've tried both modules, and I tend to the TD 17 sounds. But switching the HH sucks (does 12 vs 14 inch matter?)
    Maybe if I would setup the kit for myself and change some settings/creating my own kit, I could get a nice sound from the xd3. It would be the easiest and cheapest option.

I don't know , what do you think?
    Thanks!
    ​​​
    ​​
Working...
X