Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Cymabls choice for v-drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymabls choice for v-drum

Hello.
    I'm actually transform my TAMA Arstar on a elctronic drum with a Td27 module. But...I can't decide for cymbals.

What do you think about Agean R cymbals with overheads mic like DrumTec on their website?
    For the moment, the new digital cymbal for Roland (cy18-Dr) is very expensive.

Have you experience with low volume cymbals? What do you think of this choice? I don't like the "petroleum" cymbal

Thank you.

Stephane (from france).

ive recently started migrating my kit over to Field Cymbals and so far Loving them. Maybe check them out. Metal cymbals look better on a COnversion kit than Rubber IMO.....
    https://fieldelectronicdrums.com/

Comment

On YouTube check out 65drums channel (edrummer from Ohio, USA). He has some interesting reviews on low volume cymbals and ideas on acoustic to electronic conversion.
      TD-17KVX (Snare = PD-125BK, Tom 1 = PDX-100, Tom 2 (Head zone only) = PDX-12, Tom 3 = PDX-12, Tom 4 (Rim zone of Tom 2 split via female splitter from drumsplitter.com) = PDX-8, CY4 (Aux) = CY-5, Combo VEX Series 3 And Designer. Alesis Strike Multipad with Alesis RealHat pedal and Boss FS-6.

Comment

I like the Agean R alot. The hi hat is a bit harsh but plays so much better than an e hat.

Comment

best option on a budget if your mod has the inputs are Zildjan L 80’s with magnatrack mt-sm-1 which are single zone cymbal stand mount triggers and mt-Izt triggers ,they are mounted with 2 hex nuts to the hats and ride they work well with some tweaking and have a good feel. check them out here at my site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom...ue8QXF-D7ddS0Q

https://www.magnatrack.com
          Last edited by Bloody Toe; 06-23-20, 08:39 AM.
          Pearl mimic pro drum mod,tama imperial star shells,helensson drum triggers,remo silent stroke and billy blast mesh heads, gen 16 cymbals, L12 digital mixer,studio one 4 daw, Pevey dm 115 for live monitoring, Yamaha dtx 502 module,dtx 900 silicone pads, zoom Zoom L12 digital mixer.

Comment

He is asking about using low volume cymbals with mics. The Agean R are a bit louder than all the others but sound good through mics.

Comment

Your right peter missed the mic part
              Pearl mimic pro drum mod,tama imperial star shells,helensson drum triggers,remo silent stroke and billy blast mesh heads, gen 16 cymbals, L12 digital mixer,studio one 4 daw, Pevey dm 115 for live monitoring, Yamaha dtx 502 module,dtx 900 silicone pads, zoom Zoom L12 digital mixer.

Comment

Thank you for your answers.
                Thank you Peter for your information.

Comment

Working...
                X