Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Is 2Box DrumIt 3 my way to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 2Box DrumIt 3 my way to go?

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to buy ATV exs-5, but I am not satisfied with the xD3 module.

My needs:

Import my sound sample:
    Unfortunately, xD3 module can only import their sound files from their online store. According a video (https://youtu.be/pJomYHqZKyQ?t=131)from 65Drums, I found some modules that can import sound files:
    • Roland TD17
    • Yamaha DTX502
    • Yamaha DTX700
    • Alesis Strike
    • 2Box Drumit 3
    • 2Box Drumit 5
    Expandability:
    RIP ATV link
    In the near future, I want to expand the kit with a tom and two cymbals. There's only a extra aux input for TD17, so I think I need two more drum splitters to expand it? So are DTX502 and DTX700. The con is that I can't trigger the two pad using the same splitter at the same time, which is uncomfortable for me. Not sure if there are other ways to expand the kit though.
    In this case, I think Alesis Strike and 2Box Drumit 3/5 is OK.

Compatibility:
    I am not sure if Alesis drum modules work with ATV cymbals. But for 2Box drum module, there's a conversion box from Zourman to allow module use ATV hihat controllers.

So I think 2Box DrumIt 3 is my best choice, but I'm not sure if my information is correct. Any advice?

Best,

Kazunerae
    ATV exs-5, Roland TM-2, TX16Wx with Cakewalk

If with "my samples" you mean Multilayer Samples you are correct.
    The TD17 also does not work perfectly with the ATV HiHat (that`s why drum-tec has every ATV Set with a TD17 with a VH-10 included instead).

Alesis Strike Pro works with ATV Cymbals (also according to drum-tec), but not perfectly with the ATV Pads.
    Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post
      The TD17 also does not work perfectly with the ATV HiHat (that`s why drum-tec has every ATV Set with a TD17 with a VH-10 included instead).

Alesis Strike Pro works with ATV Cymbals (also according to drum-tec), but not perfectly with the ATV Pads.
      Thanks for your reply!
      I am OK with single layer, but those modules don't meet my other needs.
      Someone on this forum mentioned that it's possible to make ATV hihat work with TD17 module by adjusting ATV hihat, but again TD17 is not the best choice when it comes to expandability.
      ATV exs-5, Roland TM-2, TX16Wx with Cakewalk

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post

Personally, I had a terrible time trying to get the ATV HH to work with the Strike. It "worked", but not acceptably IMO.
        ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Working...
        X