Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Any way to record video in Android with stereo input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to record video in Android with stereo input?

I usually record my covers recording the audio directly in the sound module and the video with my cell phone, and then mix them together with Reaper.
    The result is good enough for me, but I'd like to remove the laptop processing and rely only on the cellphone so the whole process is simpler.

I bought an Irig 2 to record directly in the cellphone. It works, but the audio quality is okish (it's a bit muffled) and it's not stereo.

Is it possible to record stereo audio directly in Android's camera? I use the regular Google Camera. I found about the Roland Go:Mixer, which seems interesting, but I'm not sure if it's possible to record stereo.

You can record stereo with a stereo audio interface. Even a $20 Behringer UCA202 "works" (tried on my old Moto with no issues). OTG into your phone.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
      You can record stereo with a stereo audio interface. Even a $20 Behringer UCA202 "works" (tried on my old Moto with no issues). OTG into your phone.
      That's nice. I was starting to thing Android only supported mono input while recording videos. Nice to know it's not the case. I will check the audio interface.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

(heck of a lot easier to use a PC, though...!)
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
          (heck of a lot easier to use a PC, though...!)
          I don't feel the same. With the Irig, for example, I leave the TRS cable already connected to it, so I just plug the TRS cable in the drum module, the Irig in the phone and record. I can send the file to Youtube or to my band right after. No need to keep a laptop close by, copy files from the drum module and/or cell phone to laptop or sync them.

Comment

Working...
          X