Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

NEW SPD SX memory capacity ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW SPD SX memory capacity ?

Hi, hope this is the right place to post as not really technical. i just bought a new SPD SX and it said on the advert and in the manual it has 4GB memory. When I hook it up to my Macbook it shows nearly 8GB free space and in information on the unit it says it has 7.89GB remaining. Has Roland upgraded the spec of the SPD SX recently ? I can't find any info about it on the internet. Thanks
    TD20 expanded/ Hart Dynamics at home, DW Collectors / Paiste 2002 for live + DTX multi12 Alesis trigger io powering 5 homemade cowbell triggers
    Cubase 6.

There is 2 version one 4GB and another one 16GB, 8GB seem strange, Where you bought it? Are you sure it was new and not someone changed the SD card inside?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...percussion-pad

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...percussion-pad
    Last edited by Chris K; 06-14-20, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I saw the older ones seemed to be 2GB and the red special editions were 16GB with the standard now being 4GB so thats what I expected . I read that people are changing the cards to get more memory so thought I'd save the cash and go for the 4GB version and upgrade it later in life if I ever found that wasnt enough, So was suprised to see it showed up as having nearly 8GB space remaining on it ( I havenot loaded anything to it so it only has a few demo kits) .... So I have an odd ball by the sound of it.
      TD20 expanded/ Hart Dynamics at home, DW Collectors / Paiste 2002 for live + DTX multi12 Alesis trigger io powering 5 homemade cowbell triggers
      Cubase 6.

Comment

Odd, I'm having the exact same experience. Just bought a SPD-SX (black case) off'a Reverb. Checked memory info and it says 7.89gb.

Comment

Working...
        X