Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Anyone switch from an amp like DA200s to Powered PA and notice a difference in sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone switch from an amp like DA200s to Powered PA and notice a difference in sound?

I have a Simmons Da200s and see a lot recommend a Powered PA like JBL EON or Mackie Thump 15. They're close to the same price and was wondering if anyone has experience with the difference in sound.

in the ‘live performance’ section, the first thread is a sticky: ‘once and for all - pa and monitors’ or something similar:

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...ll-pa-monitors

read the first few posts on page one of that to get the foundational knowledge, then read backwards from the end to get info on the most recent gear. all the information you need (including opinions on the three options you mention) is in that thread somewhere
    Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

Working...
    X