Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Don't Buy Jobeky Cymbals or Drums

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Buy Jobeky Cymbals or Drums

This company is such trash. It's unbelievable. As of right now, they have had my cymbals in for repair for going on 5 months now, and they haven't replied to my last few emails, which is very typical. This company is made up of only two people Jane and Colin. They are husband and wife. If anyone has ever purchased from Jobeky and had to deal with their customer service, which is done by Jane, they will know how bad they are. And it's not a matter of them giving you good service until you buy and then giving you bad service. Even before I purchased $1000 in cymbals, it was hard to get consistent replies. Here is an email I sent before I purchased, which details how inconsistently Jane replies.

"Why did you answer my first email and then just disappear? You say on your website you answer emails within 12 hours. I've been waiting 5 days for an answer to my last email. And I have followed up with 2 other emails besides this one. A month ago I wrote you and you replied in a timely manner. Then didn't follow up. Then I followed up like a week later and asked if you had forget about me and you said no, but then never wrote to me again after that. I just contacted you again after a month of no response and you responded in a timely manner, and again said you would get back to me on an answer to one of my questions. That was on the 21st. And you haven't replied since even though I have sent 2 more emails since then. I'm trying to buy like $1,000 in cymbals and I would think you could simply answer just a couple basic questions that I had because I'm trying to make sure these cymbals will be compatible with my module. And I want to buy the cymbals right now. I would have bought them last week if you would have answered my questions."

Jane is the queen of excuses. She always has one, and if not, her default "excuse" is that they are a small, family-run business. She apparently thinks this is a valid excuse for anything you complain about. Oh, and if you complain, she'll say you're being rude. She has called me rude several times, even though I have no reason to be rude. She is the one who is rude and extremely unprofessional.

As far as the current RMA I am dealing with, here is one email exchange I had with Jane.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 01:23, You wrote:
    my cymbals will have been there 3 weeks this friday, how long do RMAs usually take?

On 2/5/2020 11:49 PM, Jobeky Electronic Drums wrote:
    We booked the collection a long time before you sent them you even had to contact them and then them contact us to confirm it was ok to still do it due to how long you waited to ship them after we first booked the collection.
    I booked the collection in November yet you waited until January to finally ship them
    It will be a few more weeks yet as we are waiting for parts for 14 inch cymbals

I took 6 weeks or so to send in the cymbals after they issued the RMA, because I had some things going on in my life, so I didn't get around to shipping them off right away, and apparently Jane thinks this is a valid reason to take a long time to process my RMA? You can see this very sarcastic email she wrote above, where she acts like it shouldn't even matter how long they take to process my RMA, since I took 6 weeks to send them back. As I said, she always thinks she has an excuse.

Well, as you can see from the dates above, she said on 2/5/20 that it would be a few weeks longer, because they were waiting on parts. This was almost 4 months ago now. I have written them several emails since and they will not say why my cymbals haven't been repaired yet. Of course, Jane actually tried to use COVID-19 as an excuse, even though it hasn't affected their company, since Colin is the only person who builds and repairs the cymbals, so he can obviously still work, and has continued to do so. It really shows just how dishonest Jane is in her quest to always find an excuse.

Here is the latest email exchange between me and Jane:

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 9:19 PM You wrote:
    what is the hold up of my rma at this point? this is the start of the
    5th month since my cymbals arrived back there, you said 3 months ago or
    more you were waiting on parts for the 14 inch cymbals, did the parts
    arrive? you still haven't answered all my questions that i asked 3-4
    months ago...

On 5/6/2020 3:06 AM, Jobeky Electronic Drums wrote:
    you waited months before sending them back to us when we booked it in for you
    we are in the middle of a pandemic Colin is in on his own most days, the bottom of the cymbals will be different so yes please don't worry
    we will get these built asap

You can see how she doesn't answer my question about what is holding up the RMA, but rather makes this ridiculous excuse about COVID-19, even though Colin is still working.

Speaking of excuses, you can see from this video, where another Jobeky customer who had the same exact issue that I did, which is the cymbals trigger the mute sound when you hit them, https://youtu.be/U8r7bevdNgk?t=180 talks about how Jobeky took a "long time" to get him a replacement. But he said, it's okay, because they were in the process of moving. That sounds like a classic Jane excuse. We took several months to get you a replacement because we were moving. Exactly how long does it take you to move?

In terms of the quality of the cymbals. They are nothing special at all. They use a rather basic piezo and switch design that anyone can make. They have terrible hot-spotting issues, which is most notable on the ride and hi-hat. And they sold me and many others what appears to be a defective design. If you listen to the video I linked to above, the guy said that the design was inherently defective and failure was inevitable at some point, because of how flimsy the bottom metal disc is.

The really sad thing is that the reason Jobeky gets away with having such horrible customer service is because they really don't have any competitors when it comes to their metal cymbals. I only know 3 companies who sell metal cymbals and one is way more expensive and the other uses an older, out-dated design, which isn't compatible with my module.

I know that with small companies like this people tend to not want to say bad things about them, like the guy in the video above, you can see he wasn't happy at all, but didn't want to say anything bad about Jobeky, until someone else sets the precedent. Well, I am setting the precedent. Now is the time to speak up about how bad your experience with Jobeky has been, because I know if you have had to deal with Jane in any sort of capacity that entails more than one or two emails, then you have had a bad experience.

As I said, this company can get away with such horrible service because they don't have any competition, so speak up and maybe they will be forced to improve their service if they start losing business.

P.S. Something else to note. I had about 8 months left on my warranty when I sent my cymbals in, but since they have had them almost 5 months, that has clearly reduced the amount of time I have warranty coverage while using them. To me, it seems like they might be trying to keep them until my warranty expires, so that I don't have a chance to send them back again if they break again.
    Last edited by MHP; 05-23-20, 11:40 PM.

wow.. well i hope you get it 'figured out' and solved.. but nothing is like it was before.. many small businesses and companies are broke now,
    anybody in music, entertainment, pa, stage, light, rental, you name it, is out of a job, overhere.. (until further notice..) so,
    it are 'crazy days' ..(shipping is also not working all the time.). this 'lack of income' situation now, is not helping in providing (financial)
    service to any customers also .. companies are trying to stay alive.. but, you are in your right too.. ..good luck ..
    Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

I haven’t read Jobekys terms and conditions but they cannot prevent them self’s from warranty coverage by elongate their repair time as with a repair the warranty starts again at least for the repaired parts and functionality...

Comment

Had good experiences with their triggers, but Mails seem to get lost somewhere on the way. Would not be happy hiving them 2000 bucks for a set. The Risk of ordering 100 Euro worth of triggers is acceptable, in my opinion.
        Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

I've heard your same story a number of times from a number of people. Being a small business doesn't excuse you from providing great customer service and in fact being small allows you to provide exceptional service far better than the big guys ever could. I would likely not buy from them if stories like the many I've heard are true and not just sour grapes. I totally believe some buyers are just impossible. Not saying that it's true in this case. Just overall. I will say that in all fairness it does sound like you didn't send in your cymbals for 1.5 months after opening the RMA. I get that you had stuff going on so not faulting you, but that's a long time and certainly had a part to play in this long delay.
          Last edited by ericf4; 05-24-20, 09:09 AM.

Comment

That’s what puts me off buying things from all over the world. I’ve been happy buying from drum-tec and diamond drums. I do prefer local if possible and diamond and jobecky are both only a couple of hours or less away from where I am.
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

We have over 100 emails exchange of correspondence between us so we have replied to you, we are a family ran business we don't that hide that fact and there are 3 of us that work there, with the current global situation only 1 or 2 of us is in at the minute and a lot of our parts suppliers are closed. we have messaged you on evenings and weekends and you said you didn't want to talk to me only Colin, I do most of the emails so you would have to deal with me or wait for colin to be free as, as you say he does a lot of the building although we all do some parts of the builds, you have shared emails saying I said you were being rude but when I get emails talking about Child rape ??!! I'm sorry but this is not something I am comfortable reading or replying to and has nothing to do with your cymbals ??!! I have sent you another email and will wait for you to reply. we are doing the best we can in the current situation , we have sold thousands of cymbals over the years and have been in business for 15 years now

Comment

I’d like to add an opposing view. My experience with Jobeky as always been pleasant. The products are well built and thought out. Shipping and build times are reasonable for custom made products (I received my last cymbal order in two weeks). Anytime I’ve reached out through Facebook messenger they have responded in a timely manner. Timely being the key word here. I’m on the east coast in the US so they are currently 4 hours ahead of me. So when I ask a question 4:00PM my time I know I’m not likely to get a response for 12 or 14 hours at least.

All in all I recommend them. And from what I hear from other people I don’t think you will find a lot of people that agree with your sentiments.
                PDP Concept Maple A2E with Bum Wraps; Pearl Crystal Beat Octobans; Jobeky AI dual-zone triggers; drum-tec Real Feel and Billy Blast Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; ATV cymbals; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; Yamaha FC7; two eDRUMin10 devices; Alesis Strike Amp 8; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen; Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro; SD3

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
                  That’s what puts me off buying things from all over the world. I’ve been happy buying from drum-tec and diamond drums. I do prefer local if possible and diamond and jobecky are both only a couple of hours or less away from where I am.
                  This is a big reason I bought Muzzio drums as they are here in US. Was gonna buy drum tec initially. Just liked the idea of somewhat near me, at least same country in case I needed service. No knock against drum tec as they are super legit etc.
                  Last edited by ericf4; 05-24-20, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mylo View Post
                    I’d like to add an opposing view. My experience with Jobeky as always been pleasant. The products are well built and thought out. Shipping and build times are reasonable for custom made products (I received my last cymbal order in two weeks). Anytime I’ve reached out through Facebook messenger they have responded in a timely manner. Timely being the key word here. I’m on the east coast in the US so they are currently 4 hours ahead of me. So when I ask a question 4:00PM my time I know I’m not likely to get a response for 12 or 14 hours at least.

All in all I recommend them. And from what I hear from other people I don’t think you will find a lot of people that agree with your sentiments.
                    This is the interesting thing as lots of positive feedback as well but i keep hearing stuff like the above and makes me pause. I'll likely be buying all new metal cymbals if I enjoy the field hats I got, but need confidence in the merchant. I hope all gets resolved and stuff like these are in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
                      i guess that's just an advantage you have being where you are. no one is doing any of this sort of stuff where i am. either i'm buying things from across the altantic or almost the same distance but to the southwest in the states. it all may as well be coming from abu dhabi as far as i'm concerned, there's just nothing local.

any way i was thinking of buying some cymbals from them but have been put off by these sort of reviews, and in the time it took me to sell some gear i was planning on funding the purchase with, they increased the price of the package i was looking at ~$100. figure for $800 i'll try mucking around with DIY first even if i suck at it, maybe i'll revisit purchasing from them if the diy option doesn't work out.

also my experience in contacting jobeky was that they do not answer emails. sent several through the website and got no response in ~6 weeks (well technically longer since they never answered, that's just when i gave up and tried something else), i had to try using facebook messenger to get a response, which is a pain since i don't use facebook and they make you download their app to use it and all that crap.

it does sound like this customer might be a little crazy though. how does "child rape" get brought up in any context when discussing cymbals? not sure i'd be too happy to be doing business with someone like that.
                      Last edited by winterson; 05-24-20, 07:07 PM.
                      Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

winterson create an account if you haven’t. The prices reflect exchange rates etc. When I’m logged into to the site the prices go down.
                        PDP Concept Maple A2E with Bum Wraps; Pearl Crystal Beat Octobans; Jobeky AI dual-zone triggers; drum-tec Real Feel and Billy Blast Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; ATV cymbals; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; Yamaha FC7; two eDRUMin10 devices; Alesis Strike Amp 8; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen; Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro; SD3

Comment

Originally posted by Mylo View Post
                          winterson create an account if you haven’t. The prices reflect exchange rates etc. When I’m logged into to the site the prices go down.
                          weird, why does it do that?
                          Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your issue.

I use Jobeky side mounted and center mounted triggers. I’m extremely satisfied with all of them and the company in general.
                            And should one of them break down the road, they’re priced well enough where I wouldn’t mind having to buy a replacement.
                            I’ve also had email exchanges with Jane and found her to be responsive and helpful.

It does bother me to read about your email exchange though and I hope you can both work it out for everyone’s sake. I’d like to see you get the service you expect, and I’d like to see Jobeky continue to grow with a good reputation.
                            Pearl Mimic Pro, A2E Tama Superstar, Jobeky side triggers on the snare and 8” Tom, Jobeky AI triggers on the rest, VH-13 Hi-Hat, ATV 18” Ride, 2x Roland CY-14C Crashes, Roland CY-13R/C Splash, Roland CY-15R China, 2x Roland BT-1 for Side Stick and Cowbell, Sony MDR-7506

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post

weird, why does it do that?
                              Jane told me once... I think it figures in exchange rates are something.

Comment

Working...
                              X