Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Drum Stick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Stick question

I have always used vic firth 5a and read stuff online about the nylon tips being better on the roland drum heads, but the nylon 5as are short and just feel weird on their weight. Maybe I'm imagining. Any input on that? or maybe recommendations on best stick types for electronic drums? thanks

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...-on-mesh-heads
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I really wish 7A weren’t so short. I like a long and light stick

Comment

you can use wood tip on mesh.. just check the tips regularly.. and.. you can sand them ; )
        maybe nylon tips are more durable .. but you can use the stick you want/ like..

Comment

Originally posted by Connorandrews15 View Post
          recommendations on best stick types for electronic drums?
          No "best" - it's whatever's comfortable for you. We are all different sizes. We don't all have the same size shoes

You want heavier - use oak.
          You want lighter - use maple.

The diameter to down to personal preference and the size of your hands and what feels good to you
          The length is totally personal.

Tips? any old thing. Same as playing acoustic - check the tips before and during playing.
          *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
          Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Vic Firth American Classic Drumsticks - 8D - Nylon Tip. Same diameter as 7AN but 8D Nylon is 16" long in stead of 15 1/2" long like 7AN

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

No "best" - it's whatever's comfortable for you. We are all different sizes. We don't all have the same size shoes

You want heavier - use oak.
              You want lighter - use maple.

The diameter to down to personal preference and the size of your hands and what feels good to you
              The length is totally personal.

Tips? any old thing. Same as playing acoustic - check the tips before and during playing.
              its more or less for the sake of the drums. I love wood tip and they just feel better, but i dont want to have wear and tear on my mesh heads that may damage them in the long run. just want to be safe

Comment

I use Vic Firth 5a classics with wooden tip. Was playing for a few hours the other night and when I had finished, I noticed there was a huge chunk out of one of the tips. Luckly it hadn't done any damage. Id still use wooden tips, although I have a pair of Vic Firth Dipped sticks with nylon tips. But they give my blisters lol
                Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

Working...
                X