Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

KD10 pad wobbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD10 pad wobbling

Anyone experienced this pad (or a similar pad) wobbling around? - particularly playing fast double bass.
    Have you managed to stop it?
    The base of the pad doesn’t wander, but (probably because of the shape) the pad kinda tips up when the beater hits, then falls back to its original position.
    The problem becomes worse when playing fast Double bass patterns, as it takes more time to return after each tipping motion, than the time between each beater strike - it basically is just bouncing around off the beaters which means I’m hitting a moving target - not ideal
    tia

congrats on your pedal.. kd-10 is a very small base.. what i would do (and i'm not saying you should) is
    buy 3 solid rubber tiles https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubber-Ca...-Red/172098569 take out the spikes and screw through the tiles with
    wide threaded screws.. i'd also screw the dominator footplates to the tiles.. so, tile under kd10, tile under right pedal, tile under slave pedal..
    ps. if hihat pedal 'height' is then a problem.. maybe just screw a thin wood board to kd-10..
    Last edited by Ericdrumz; 05-19-20, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Setup your pedal and tighten the screw marked red in the picture below. Repeat on the other screw, on the opposite side of the mounting plate. You will need 6mm allen key and 15mm spanner.
      It worked for my setup.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
      X