Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Drum-tec Next generation drum kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum-tec Next generation drum kit.

Anyone heard anything about what this is?

No, not yet, I bet for a no-hotspot trigger system (probably 3-cone system)

Comment

[QUOTE=frankzappa;n1227979]Anyone heard anything about what this is?

I don't think it's anything new. They've had the New version of the jam kit out for a little while. I think Jam kit came out about 3 years ago. I think this is the new version with side mounted triggers. No hot spotting. User "FlashBlack" has a Jam kit he bought a couple of months ago. I Asked him to send me a picture of the triggers and how they are mounted in the drums but thus far,,,He hasn't. I PM him about a month ago twice with no luck. It looks like a great kit but i won't buy it until i see the inside of the drums and what the triggers look like and how they are mounted. I guess i should contact DT direct.

Comment

It's new triggers system, newly developed 2-zone side trigger system, they are using sided sensor now to avoid hotspot. All available here https://www.drum-tec.com/sets/drum-tec-jam

Last edited by Chris K; 05-14-20, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah it's side triggers. I love how everyone is focusing on avoiding hotspots nowadays. When I had an ekit with center cones I remember I thought it was like a joke. Totally useless. I had to consiously avoid playing the center.
          Last edited by frankzappa; 05-14-20, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Very nice value kit. They should pair it with a 2box Drumit 5 Mk2 though.
            ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
            ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
            PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if it's just one piezo on the side though, which IMO is not objectively better than a center cone.
              I expect them to add a setup that counters the VAD506 - I don't see any set without a snare where you can just add the digital pads

Comment

Originally posted by Excessium View Post
                Interesting. I wonder if it's just one piezo on the side though, which IMO is not objectively better than a center cone.
                I expect them to add a setup that counters the VAD506 - I don't see any set without a snare where you can just add the digital pads
                This is their "low end" model I believe. Maybe they are aiming for people that don't want to spend that much on the digital pads.

Comment

Originally posted by frankzappa View Post

This is their "low end" model I believe. Maybe they are aiming for people that don't want to spend that much on the digital pads.
                  The Jam is indeed their low-end kit, but they could use something to undercut the VAD kit. Otherwise, for people that would go with a Roland module (I'm guessing it's a big majority), the only reason to pick drum-tec shells would be the color - and that's assuming they also upgrade their pro line with side triggers. Seeing the video again, I think there's only one piezo at the bottom (cylinder instead of cone) but I can't say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                    Very nice value kit. They should pair it with a 2box Drumit 5 Mk2 though.
                    They've claimed in the past that the 2Box Drumit 3 wasn't fully compatible with their trigger system. I wonder if that has changed?
                    ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by docdoghouse
                      finally! funny enough, i phoned them some weeks ago and asked if they are willing to make a "non center trigger" system. they seemed to heard the first time from this topic and sayed "No there are definitely no plans to do so....) fck, maybe they should pay me something. (but on the other hand, it is highly welcome, maybe they should have intergrated three trigger instead of only two, looks like a stripped down solution). ATV, why o why didnt you assigned a patent? Now you see, Roland stole you develpment, and drumtec finally too, and you? All you bring up is a cannopus snare for 19,- bucks - RIP.

it would be highly interessting to have a look inside. Somebody already got one?
                      User " FlashBlack " on this site has a Jam kit he bought a couple of months ago. I'm guessing it's the NG version. I PM and asked him two months ago, twice, to PLEASE send me a picture of the trigger system in the tom and Snare. He has not responded but has visited the site several times since, so I stopped asking. I don't want to be a pest to anyone. That said, I Emailed Drum-Tec yesterday and asked them the same thing. Lets see it they send me a picture of the trigger system. I would buy this Jam NG shell kit if it's built well. That's why i want to see the inside. Don't want to buy a problem. My current kit for live use is TD-30KV. Never had an issue with this kit.
                      Last edited by ReeseRocket; 05-15-20, 08:22 AM.

Comment

ReeseRocket....I read your original message, didn't even see i had a second from you and to be honest, totally forgot about your request for pictures.

I have the 'original' Jam kit, bought December last year, not the newly released NG. I don't know what improvements have been made but the price has increased by 300 euro. The 6 piece kit cost me 1499, its now 1799.

Here's some pics of the trigger system, all the drums are the same including the bass drum:

IMG_20200515_144411.jpg

IMG_20200515_144251.jpg
                        IMG_20200515_144330.jpg

These play very nicely, obviously no hot spots with this trigger system. I have this paired with a TD-17 and SD3. SD3 is the absoloute game changer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashBlack View Post
                          ReeseRocket....I read your original message, didn't even see i had a second from you and to be honest, totally forgot about your request for pictures.

I have the 'original' Jam kit, bought December last year, not the newly released NG. I don't know what improvements have been made but the price has increased by 300 euro. The 6 piece kit cost me 1499, its now 1799.

Here's some pics of the trigger system, all the drums are the same including the bass drum:

IMG_20200515_144411.jpg

IMG_20200515_144251.jpg
                          IMG_20200515_144330.jpg

These play very nicely, obviously no hot spots with this trigger system. I have this paired with a TD-17 and SD3. SD3 is the absoloute game changer for me.
                          Thank you so much FlashBlack. :-)

Comment

How do you like them so far? I think this Jam kit is really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeseRocket View Post
                              How do you like them so far? I think this Jam kit is really nice.
                              I can't fault them. The transition from acoustic to electric has been much easier than i thought, once i got used to the different feel and rebound of mesh heads they became even more enjoyable to play. They look very nice in the black sparkle, i requested a black resonant head for the bass drum, improved the looks further imo.

If you don't want positional sensing and are comfortable with the drum sizes you can't go wrong with this. The new Roland's were announced not long after i bought this, i certainly don't feel like i missed out.

Comment

Working...
                              X