Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Upgrade from TD-12 to trigger SD3. Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from TD-12 to trigger SD3. Worth it?

Hi everyone, I’m currently triggering SD3 through a TD-12 module. Are there any advantages in terms of dynamics to update to a TD-27 or 30?
    Last edited by ilmagodiloz; 05-12-20, 03:34 AM.
    Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

<tuesday mode="cynic">

Not that any punter will ever notice, no

</tuesday>
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

The TD27 would give you the digital snare and ride. The snare has auto cross stick detection so you would gain a full velocity range for the rim and larger pad with no hot spot.

Comment

What about less latency because of the USB output? Right now I'm using a MIDI-to-USB cable with my TD-12.
        Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

Working...
        X