Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Buying VH-12 for Roland TD-10+TDW-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying VH-12 for Roland TD-10+TDW-1

Hallo,
    I need a little advice from some experience user here with the Roland setup.
    I found an used (well 2-3 really) VH-12 hi-hat at just €300.
    I wasn't able to found an used VH-11 at a reasonable price (the lower ~€300) and new it will cost me €340
    Now it seems a bit ankward to me to buy a VH-11 at €340 instead of an used VH-12 in good status at €300 but I have TD-10 (expanded) module.
    I won't be using internal features of the module, I will only be using it to trigger Superior Drummer 3, but was wondering if the VH-12 will work consistentlu at all with TD-10.
    Even if it won't have all the nuances, at least it should have dual zone and open/closed (and half way possibily) features.
    I hope to switch to TD-50 module (the 3000€ pack with snare and cymbal) in the future, but not soom, so I will make full use of the VH-12 eventually, but would like to use it in a reasonable way from now with TD-10 and Superior.
    Any experience on the subject? Thanks in advance for your help

The VH12 position sensor won't work at all with a TD10, the resistance range is wrong. Whilst it is possible to get a VH11 to work with a TD10 it's not perfect - if you really want a moving hihat you'll be better off changing the module to a 2nd hand TD12 or TD20 if you're not ready to jump for the TD50 price. VH12 will work with those.

Comment

The VH12 position sensor won't work at all with a TD10
      Bad bad news. Guess I wil lstay with FD-6 + PD8 then instead of wasting money... and then will make the jump to the TD50 Expansion Kit
      Last edited by XMANIGHTX; 05-10-20, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Yes I just discovered the TD27 LOOOL... didn't even know it existed. That's perfect since I will only be using it as a trigger for Superior Drummer and the likes.

Comment

Working...
        X