Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GEWA Discussion Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my post I was refering to the other videos that have been released lately. This jazz kit is indeed very good sounding. I really like it actually, but t's the only one I like good one on the videos I have watched online.
    Saku is the best!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by metallas View Post
      In my post I was refering to the other videos that have been released lately. This jazz kit is indeed very good sounding. I really like it actually, but t's the only one I like good one on the videos I have watched online.
      I now know what you mean with 'synthetic', this newer video is an example of that, I don't like thia drumsound at all, terrible.

Comment

• Well, I don't know if "synthetic" is the right word to describe it, but it totally ruins it for me.
        I guess they tried to avoid "thin" sounding kits and wanted a warmer, fatter tone, but they probably got carried away.
        It wish this kit sounded as good as it looks. Expecially the prototype kit with the dw style lugs and the carbon shells was eye candy.
        Saku is the best!!!!

Comment

• Here is Justins review
          I was shocked by the cymbal hot spot
          Robert

Comment

• Also he didn’t like the triggering either which is not good.
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• Like he said this is a 2500.module with a lot of negatives. Up in that price range I think we get to ask for a lot better!; If they can get out those bugs, it had so many cool features , but right now that is only a BIG IF!

Comment

• Originally posted by puttenvr View Post
                Awesome review.

I like the kick drum, maybe I want the bounciness after using the KT-10 so long

Software needs a lot of work though. I think it's fixable for sure, but triggering, lag, presentation, pre-sets need work. The kit sound is not coherent on what I heard, like if I used a dry hihat with cavernous sounding toms (I can do this on my 2box - it doesn't sound right, mixing is everything)

At the price GEWA want, the Mimic looks a better buy. Even with a GEWA sound store. That's no help if the triggering is bad.
                ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ 2box DrumIt 5 MKII
                ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

• I would love to see 2 Box come out with a new Flagship with the features of a Td 50 or Mimic. Obviously the price will go way up but they already have stock sounds that are very usable and the ability to import Multi layer samples. Just interested in that kind of module kind of module. My A to E kit is awesome. Just realized I blatantly hijacked this thread, sorry!
                  Last edited by Jeffo; 08-23-21, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• I saw justins review. When he opened the drum and showed the trigger inside I immediately thought this can’t be triggering good and of course it doesn’t according to justin. Unless it’s made of metal.

Comment

• This is seriously one of the best edrum reviews of all time IMHO. The GEWA kits are not available where I live, so I really appreciate the effort that went into this review. Great job Luke! Pulsc

Owner of Bangkok Drum: Thailand's only custom Edrum store.and female-owned drum business. Be nice! I am a girl.

Comment

• Absolutely smashed it - we Brits say

Not just a review of the GEWA G9 but a journey as rightly put!

The module is clearly a diamond in the ruff. Loads of work needs to happen on the software side but their trigger algorithm sounds like a dud I'm afraid. You can't have a situation where you cannot achieve ideal performance even with expert calibration and I trust Luke on this too, because there's plenty of extra solutions not shown in his videos that are covered in the comments usually.

I would expect GEWA to start again on that, and if they can't, Rob from eDrumin should be offered the opportunity frankly but who know what other plans Rob has for the edrumin in the future.

Hardware wise, I'm very interested in the kick drum. If you look it up as a standalone, the price isn't that bad and it's got a cutaway and foot which 16-18 inch needs. If only it was a little shallower for my space! They made the toms shallow but left a full length kick... I don't get it.
                        Last edited by Kabonfaiba; 10-14-21, 04:28 AM.
                        ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ 2box DrumIt 5 MKII
                        ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                        PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

• Thank you both! Glad you enjoyed the review - it was a monumental task putting it together and there's probably about 10 minutes left on the cutting room floor - some bits were smaller gripes and there were a few other issues that I felt were either a bit too picky or I didn't have good footage of. Plus there was already 20 minutes of complaints I was hoping it was thorough enough to back up everything I said anyway. I really hope they manage to resolve the issues as I think it could be really solid if it worked properly.

Edit - Oh yeah, the kick drum is decent and that little cut out is handy. It triggered better with my Roland module than the G9 too.
                          Last edited by Pulsc; 10-14-21, 12:24 PM.
                          The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Pulsc View Post
                            Thank you! I really hope they manage to resolve the issues as I think it could be really solid if it worked properly.
                            Luke- saw your full vid on YT and completely agree with BK Drum et al, best review I have ever seen.

One question: GEWA was very appreciative of your work/analysis in their response comment , which I thought was a great way to handle a potential public relations nightmare. In your experience- what do you think GEWA will wind up doing with this kit?

which

PS. again - great job !!

Comment

• Wasn't Luke's latest video put out just before the most recent software update or am I wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                                The module is clearly a diamond in the ruff. Loads of work needs to happen on the software side but their trigger algorithm sounds like a dud I'm afraid. You can't have a situation where you cannot achieve ideal performance even with expert calibration and I trust Luke on this too, because there's plenty of extra solutions not shown in his videos that are covered in the comments usually.
                                :
                                Newer Yamaha DTX are light years ahead built and night and day staff knowledge. At these price people will buy Roland\Yamaha\Efnote instead.

I never had any enthusiasm about this kit, module wise, architecture and all how was made, before even released from people tested in show 2018 in terrible state, they already ruined themselves in that time, still load issue from 2018, despite 4-5 firmware release, already one year + gone, there is some stuff will never get fixed because of the hardware base limitation. They build a product with old generation, hotspot triggers, slow module to boot 30 sec, slow install, and no experience, added with very high price tag.The high velocity curve setting as default is as premier, maybe they tough Micheal Shack would be their new sponsor, no need dynamic.
                                Last edited by Chris K; 10-14-21, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X