Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Roland Cymbal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Roland Cymbal?

I believe I read here about a new Roland cymbal (lighter weight, more responsive, etc.) that is in development or soon to be released. I may be mistaken but I do not believe this is a digital product. Is anyone familiar with this or am I just dreaming?

https://www.roland.com/us/products/cy-16r-t/

https://www.roland.com/us/products/cy-14c-t/
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thank you Alan, that's what I was looking for.

Comment

What I'm curious is if anyone here tried them at NAMM or anywhere else and could give his opinion on if they're actually any better than the older generation.

Comment

Edrumcenter have them, 349$ regular price, lower when you buy it, for the new ride 16" and he said it's trigs very well, thinner then cy15, and have motion https://www.roland.com/us/products/cy-16r-t/
          Last edited by Chris K; 06-30-20, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
            349$ regular price, lower when you buy it
            What?
            Do you mean MSRP?

Comment

Originally posted by Excessium View Post
              What?
              Do you mean MSRP?
              Online store price

Comment

List price or literally Manufacturers Suggested. Retail Price M.S.R.P.

Comment

Has anyone put their hands on one of these Roland CY-16R-T yet? I’m looking for reviews. I’m in the market to buy the ATV 16” but these are less expensive.
                  Last edited by Mylo; 09-01-20, 01:21 PM.
                  PDP Concept Maple A2E with Bum Wraps; Pearl Crystal Beat Octobans; Jobeky AI dual-zone triggers; drum-tec Real Feel and Billy Blast Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; ATV cymbals; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; Yamaha FC7; two eDRUMin10 devices; Alesis Strike Amp 8; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen; Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro; SD3

Comment

Originally posted by Mylo View Post
                    Has anyone put their hands on one of these Roland CY-16R-T yet? I’m looking for reviews. I’m in the market to buy the ATV 16” but these are less expensive.
                    I have one on order but may be a while before they are available. I'll keep you posted and review.

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post

I have one on order but may be a while before they are available. I'll keep you posted and review.
                      e-drumcenter has shipping marked for 30 September.
                      PDP Concept Maple A2E with Bum Wraps; Pearl Crystal Beat Octobans; Jobeky AI dual-zone triggers; drum-tec Real Feel and Billy Blast Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; ATV cymbals; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; Yamaha FC7; two eDRUMin10 devices; Alesis Strike Amp 8; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen; Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro; SD3

Comment

I have not played these new cymbals yet. However, my initial concern is they seem to continue a trend I'm seeing in newer Roland V-Drums products: lack of repairability. Like the KD-10, these newer cymbals appear entirely sealed, with no obvious screws, pins, snaps, etc. for users to open the I/O box and cymbal structure to affect repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by TangTheHump View Post
                          I have not played these new cymbals yet. However, my initial concern is they seem to continue a trend I'm seeing in newer Roland V-Drums products: lack of repairability. Like the KD-10, these newer cymbals appear entirely sealed, with no obvious screws, pins, snaps, etc. for users to open the I/O box and cymbal structure to affect repairs.
                          Looking at the images it looks like the rubber just wraps around the plastic disc that holds all the electronics. I’m sure it is glued on really well but you still may be able to take the rubber off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mylo View Post

e-drumcenter has shipping marked for 30 September.
                            Oh - looks like its been pushed back a bit.

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on those and on European websites the ETA is always 6-10 weeks (since April). I'm not sure if the stock disappears instantly or if the release really keeps getting pushed.
                              The price for the ATV 16" is stupid right now. It used to be 20% lower a year ago around here..Quite a hard sell.

Comment

Working...
                              X