Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New to the E-drum world and this Board...Please HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the E-drum world and this Board...Please HELP!

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on the board (but have been viewing many of the posts, some real good info here)! Well here is my situation, been playing acoustic drums for about 15 years, and recently moved into an apartment, not so drum friendly as many of you know! So now I am looking to purchase an e-drum kit. For my situation, the kit would be used primarily for rehearsal/practice situations, but maybe at some point in time I would like to use the electronics for live situations as well... So basically I would like to get an affordable kit (within reason, would love to get some v-session's just a little out of my budget) that would be versatile enough for both situations.

What I am looking for in an electronic kit:

1: Mesh Head's (actually really like the feel of them, seem really good with a little more tension) for they’re near silent ability.
    2: Cymbal's which will feel as much like there acoustic counterparts, while being very responsive and as quiet as possible
    3: Good, solid Hardware
    4: Quality, I mean basically the most bang for the buck!

If some of you wouldn’t mind giving me your opinions, and/or possible options I might want to consider, well I would really appreciate it, as many of you guys seem to be much more in-tune with the e-drum market than I am at this time (hey I'm working on it).

I am thinking about the following setups:

1: Hart Dynamics Giga-Pro (music123.com shows this kit for 1895.00) and using a TD8 (about 700.00) total: 2595.00 The problem is I really want to get something ASAP, and don't know if I can handle waiting for this kit, I'm dying here with only being able to play at band rehearsals. Does anyone the wait time from HDI for this Kit?

2: Pintech Vision, w/ Visu-lite cymbals (1800b ride, 1600 crash, 1055 crash, 1300rhc 100) again using a TD8, looks like I should be able to get all of the components for this kit for around 3100.00, which is very close to my budget max.

Any thoughts on either of these setups?
    Better Setup’s for around the same amount of money?
    Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any Help,
    Mike
    Electronics: TD-10(TDW-1),V-Concert, KD-120.

Acoustics: 6pc Pearl Master's, 5pc Pearl BLX, 4pc Precision Drum Co. Kit, Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride, Zildjian New Beats, Sabian hh Dark Crashes and Splashes, Wuhan China, Zildjian 20" Swizzle, DW Pedals, Remo Heads, Pro-Mark sticks

Get the V-Custom TD8KV which comes with 2 CY-12 cymbals! It's a great kit for the money I think. 3495$ CAD, around 2200$ US.

Comment

visualite+apartment=eviction party.....use pd-9's until you can upgrade to cy's...er,i mean v cymbals....the v cymbal ride is
      a bizarre experience.you can see that it's rubber,feels like rubber,hell it even smells like rubber(i might need help)but when you hit it and the sound instantly hits your ears it's really spooky how real it feals sometimes.
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Working...
      X