Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

SPECIFIC PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

ATV EXS-5 and Alesis Strike Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV EXS-5 and Alesis Strike Module

Hi,

thinking about chaning my setup, getting rid of my A2E Set and the TD17. I am somewhat fascinated by the EXS-5, and consider either connecting it via edrumins to a VST or simply using the Alesis Strike Module and don`t use VSTs anymore. After all, I just want to play the drums.

Guess the EXS-5 should work pretty well with the ATV Hardware...but has anybody thoughts about the HiHat: Maybe I would be better of using the new Alesis Hi Hat, which seems to be pretty good?
    Anything that will get in my way with this setup?
    A2E: PDP M5 Cherry Red, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobek/Roland /ddt Triggers, Yamaha Cymbals. Audiofront eDrumIn Modules. Triggering AD2, SD3 and SSD5.

Hi,

I can recommend the EXS-5 as I use it every day. The included xD3 a good solution for “just playing drums”. To me the hardware of the EXS-5 works perfect and is reliable.

Never used the Strike module myself so I cannot speak about the combination with EXS-5.

For the hihat I ask myself what kind of arguments would stand against using the original one that comes with the EXS-5? Compatibility issues with a (the) Strike module? It would be astonishing for me if the Alesis hihat might be better than ATVs top model already known from the aDrum series - but I really don’t know and I cannot speak about Alesis hardware.

I use my PMP most of the time with the EXS-5 and for “just playing drums” the EXS-5 - also with its original module (and some limitations) - is a really, really good choice.

Comment

What's wrong with your A2E set?

One thing about the strike, if you were planning on keeping ant of your current cymbals, the Yamaha ones do not work with the strike (or at least I haven't found any workaround to get them to yet)
      purchased Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by rsm View Post
        Hi,

For the hihat I ask myself what kind of arguments would stand against using the original one that comes with the EXS-5? Compatibility issues with a (the) Strike module? It would be astonishing for me if the Alesis hihat might be better than ATVs top model already known from the aDrum series - but I really don’t know and I cannot speak about Alesis hardware.
        Yes, compatibility. No quesion the ATV Hi Hat is top notch, but if the new Alesis Hi Hat is close and made for the strike (and cheaper) it might be an option.

As for why: I use very different kind of triggers, Modules, Cymbals now and sometimes I just wish I had a set that`s built for all the components working togehter. Which makes my Alesis/ATV Mix kind of a stupid idea.

another one is a little smaller footprint of the set.

Maybe it`s not an option because I won`t get a lot for the A2E Set and will not pay a huge amount of money for that change.

A2E: PDP M5 Cherry Red, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobek/Roland /ddt Triggers, Yamaha Cymbals. Audiofront eDrumIn Modules. Triggering AD2, SD3 and SSD5.

Comment

I doubt any of the rim triggers will work with the Strike module. I could not get roland pad rims to work with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
            I doubt any of the rim triggers will work with the Strike module. I could not get roland pad rims to work with it.
            That`s the kind of stuff I wanted to get way from.
            Thanks for the input.

Comment

my rim triggers are working fine

ISM-6 snare, PD-85s rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, only thing is not all the kits have any rim sounds assigned.

ex : i downloaded all of the siren drums youtube channel guy's free kits, most have a splash cymbal assigned to the tom1 rim, all work fine
              purchased Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post
                my rim triggers are working fine

ISM-6 snare, PD-85s rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, only thing is not all the kits have any rim sounds assigned.

ex : i downloaded all of the siren drums youtube channel guy's free kits, most have a splash cymbal assigned to the tom1 rim, all work fine
                Myself and Jman couldn’t get them to work well with Roland triggers. Are you getting a full dynamic range on the rim? I could get it to work even with the rim fain up full. What settings do you use?

Comment

Just using the stock settings from the 1.5 firmware

Comment

Thanks guys, I will stay with my A2E and replace the triggers I do not like as much anymore with Jobeky Triggers, which I love.

Also replace the TD17 with a second edrumin.

Lower Cost solution and should work pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                    X