Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

SPECIFIC PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

TD50 instrument bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD50 instrument bank

RD 50 sounds/instrument. I recently upgraded from the TD20 X to the TD50 50. I created some custom kits on the TD20 by using the rim assigned to some instrument sounds that were in the TD20 instrument bank. The TD50 does not have the extensive instrument list that the TD20 has. Does anyone know where or how to get these? I was told that the TD50 can not use anything from the TD20

The TD50 is based on different tech than previous models, not compatible with them. However, there is a very useful feature of loading user samples which can be layered with stock sounds, and played in one shot, phrase or loop mode. You can record the samples of the TD20 instruments (if you still have it) or create your own in any DAW and load them into the TD50 via SD card.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
      The TD50 is based on different tech than previous models, not compatible with them. However, there is a very useful feature of loading user samples which can be layered with stock sounds, and played in one shot, phrase or loop mode. You can record the samples of the TD20 instruments (if you still have it) or create your own in any DAW and load them into the TD50 via SD card.
      is there an internal memory limit in TD-50 [or TD-27] for loading user's samples? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post

is there an internal memory limit in TD-50 [or TD-27] for loading user's samples? thanks.
        yes 32MB on td50, and it take approx 1min to load backup. TD17 lower, not sure about td27, must be like td17 or td50.
        Last edited by Chris K; 03-29-20, 06:28 AM.

Comment

TD-27 can accommodate up to 500 user samples. The actual number will vary, depending on the length of each sample and if its stereo or mono. On my module there are two stock samples, in stereo, 700kB each + my Ludwig Black Beauty snare sample in mono, 69kB. The sample list on the module shows 2% of occupied space. I couldn't find any exact details about the memory available for user samples, it looks like it's a lot though

Comment

Finally all have 32MB bytes, td17 have 100 users slots, td27\td50 500 users slots.

Internal memory size: 32M bytes
            TD17:Number of user sample: Maximum 100 (includes factory preloaded user samples)
            TD27\50:Number of user sample: Maximum 500 (includes factory preloaded user samples)
            Sound length (total): 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo
            File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits)
            Last edited by Chris K; 03-29-20, 06:26 AM.

Comment

OP, are you looking for this?

https://static.roland.com/assets/med...st_eng03_W.pdf

Comment

Working...
              X