Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

SPECIFIC PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Can a TD-10 kit use a TD-17 controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a TD-10 kit use a TD-17 controller?

I bought a TD-10 kit at a good price, just to find out the controller is toast.
    Would a TD-17 work ok with the 10 kit? Any gotchas?
    Thanks for the expertise!

what do you mean by 'controller' ? the hihat pedal or the drum brain.. anyway, any roland pad is compatible with roland, only some lower end modules
    do not handle more complex hihat controllers.. but if the td-10 kit has a fd-7 hihat.. that should work with a td-17.. except if that one's toast..

Comment

A TD-17 is a nice upgrade from a TD-10 in terms of samples and overall tech. You lose out on some output routing capabilities, but otherwise everything else is much better. As Ericdrumz said, all Roland pads and cymbals are more or less compatible with all Roland modules with some exceptions, but everything supported by the TD-10 will work with the TD-17. You'll want to upgrade your hi-hat to a VH-10 or VH-11 because you can and because it's a worthy upgrade. A tri-zone ride like a CY-15R or CY-13R is another nice upgrade from what you likely have on that kit.

What pads and cymbals do you have?
      E Kit TD-10x (VEX Classic XP), PD-125 snare, (2) PD-100 toms, PD-120 floor tom, KD-85 kick, CY-15R ride, CY-12C/R crash, (2) CY-8 crash, CY-5 & FD-8 hi hat, MDS-9 rack, DW 5000 pedal, PM-30 amp.
      A Kit Pearl Export 5pc (10"/12"/14" toms, 20" bd), 14" 1964 Ludwig Supraphonic snare, Zildjian Avedis 14" Hats, 14" K-Custom/16" Bronze/18" A-Custom crashes, 10" A-Custom splash, 20" Bronze ride, DW5000 pedal

Comment

1x PD-7
        3x PD-9
        2x PD-100
        2x PD-120
        1x CY-15R
        1x CY-14C
        1x KD-7
        1x FD-7

Thanks so much for the info. I'll be looking to get a TD-17. This is for my son who has no drumming experience.
        Cheers!

Comment

This is easily answered through a quick Google search for the TD-17 owner’s manual...

C535324C-80A7-4CF8-ABD9-29790DAC46B9.jpeg
          Alan
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by shooterm View Post
            I bought a TD-10 kit at a good price, just to find out the controller is toast.
            Would a TD-17 work ok with the 10 kit? Any gotchas?
            Thanks for the expertise!
            By controller do you mean module?How exactly is it "toast"?Is it a screen issue?

Comment

Output from the module was constant static. I did send the TD10 module in for repair and they said the whole board would need to be replaced and that it is better to replace the whole unit.

Owners Manual! Who would have thought. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X