Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

What Mimic Pro has to offer more for me than SSD5 in MIDI ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkok View Post
    Ha I watched that video and was thinking ‘I’m sure they are tips on the cymbals’ but they can’t be lol. Will certainly make a big difference to playability.
    here a demo cymbal tips in showcase https://soundcloud.com/user-76111509...xRqEmiY94oP55M

Comment

Dear Pearl, please do release the much-awaited firmware update that includes cymbal tip articulations, leaving the rest in still in awe.

Love,
      Pearl mimic pro users.

Comment

Oh yeah !

I hope I haven't receveived one with the faulty SSD drive (because of the white rectangle entouring the master outputs), will see.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumatiC View Post
          Oh yeah ! I hope I haven't receveived one with the faulty SSD drive (because of the white rectangle entouring the master outputs), will see.
          Not related, all newer mimic have white line on main out, even newer batch, just install v1.0.9.2 after go to setting\sys bottom right you will see if message or not.

The screw on the mount might be longer then 1/2', don't force them at full.
          Last edited by Chris K; 02-14-20, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Not related, all newer mimic have white line on main out, even newer batch, just install v1.0.9.2 after go to setting\sys bottom right you will see if message or not.

The screw on the mount might be longer then 1/2', don't force them at full.
            Noted, thank you. I will put washers behind screws head to raise them a bit just to be sure

Comment

I'm definitely interested in a hi-hat triggering comparison, more specifically Mimic vs SD3 through Mimic vs SD3 through other module. I realize it's a lot about subjective feel but any info would be nice to have.
              Last edited by Excessium; 02-14-20, 04:05 AM.

Comment

So I can now reply to my initial question : what the Mimic Pro module has more to offer than SSD5 + aD-5

In term of sounds, compared to SSD5, nothing more, the samples are the same, so the overall sound is equivalent (and outstanding !). But the addition of embedded EQ, compression and reverb is a real plus, and controlling them from the module is really convenient. Compared to the aD-5 there is a real gap between the two, not the same league. My aD-5 will be listed in classified soon ^^.

The real benefit for me is the quality of the trigerring and the tuning capacities. I'm really impressed by the level of tunability, everything is controlable, and with a bit of time, the trigerring is really excellent, far better than the aD-5 (especially with the HiHat and the snare). The dynamic is impressive.

It is simple, after a couple of hours of playing, I found myself to be a better player ... At first I was like "what the heck I am doing, I don't do this usually, it's strange. But after a while I realized that I'm now much more quick on the kit !

After that, I played my acoustic kit and I was really dispointed ! The snare felt flat, so much unwanted noise, and even the dynamic seemed boring

So yes it's expensive, but I now know why ; it is perfect module, period (not to mention all the excellent features and the quality of UI).

Comment

Originally posted by DrumatiC View Post

In term of sounds, compared to SSD5, nothing more, the samples are the same, so the overall sound is equivalent (and outstanding !)
                  Just exception of Classic series preset on SSD4\SSD5 ( ssd3 library) are fully ready processed without mic control and use lower velocity 4-5, these are not in mimic since these where made for layering sound at base with acoustic. MIMIC have deluxe version 1 and 2 , are raw, full VST velocity instruments layers\round robin range, and accommodated playability for mimic drum module.
                  Last edited by Chris K; 02-17-20, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X