Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-50KV OR VAD503 and EZDrummer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-50KV OR VAD503 and EZDrummer?

So...I love the idea of having the ability to manipulate all the sounds right within the module (TD-50)...but is it a no-brainer to go with a VAD 503 and EZDrummer over a TD-50KV?

It looks like even with having to buy a new laptop ($500) it would be cheaper to go with the VAD 503 ($4000) and EZDrummer ($150) for a total of $4650...than a TD-50KV, which will be at least 2k more!

I'm looking for something that will play well, feel natural, and have endless high-quality sound options.

How will you use it? Hobby? Professional gigging? Studio recording? Is latency acceptable? Can you trust your laptop in either environment?

Kind of need a little more info to get the best answer.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

They wouldn’t only be used for practice at home. Maybe demoing some tracks.
      As long as the latency isn’t noticeable to my ear while playing, I’m not worried about it.

Comment

Are you THE Alan from V Expressions?
        If so...do you know if you plan to make expansions for the TD-27? The answer may sway me on whether to get the VAD or not.

Comment

The latency will depend totally on your interface and DAW setup. KV vs VAD is purely personal choice at this point... aside budget. If I were just triggering a VST in the studio, I'd just get a turn-key setup based on my desired layout.

Yes, we will be supporting the 27; but individual components are not shipping yet, so we're waiting for them to arrive. It will be several months before we are able to release the first pack(s).
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Excellent! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X