Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Snare pads for TD-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare pads for TD-11

I am upgrading my TD-11. I have two options for the snare: a PDX-100, or (for only $10 more) a PDX-12. What do you think? Right now, I have the following:

Snare: PD-105
    Rack toms: PDX-100
    Floor tom: PDX-8

Obviously, I want to upgrade the PDX-8. So, I can simply replace it with another PDX-100 and keep the PD-105 snare, or I can buy a PDX-12 for the snare and use the PD-105 as the floor tom. Not sure about the best option here, as long as it eliminates the PDX-8.
    Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash; CY-8 crash; KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Audioquest Nightowl, SRH750DJ, ATH-M50 headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Masters, Real Acoustic Sound Editions

Imo since the TD-11 doesn't support positional sensing, i'd definetely take the PDX-12 and set up a 10,10,10 config on the toms, i'd also grab a cheap snare stand if you don't already have one and place it on top of that. It makes the whole deal feel way more solid to play over the rack mount. Another reason is the fact that smaller roland snares like the PDX-100 has a pretty thick rubber ring around it which is really distracting and makes rim shots a bit awkward imo, something roland seems to have improved with the slimmer rim on the 12.

Comment

PDX-12 newer and less hot-spot because of side-mounted trigger.

Comment

PDX-12 is 12" so it's good to use as snare and move your pdx-8 as mount tom

Comment

Thanks for the helpful advice. I went to my local music store and tried out the PDX-12 and PDX-100 snares. I ended up not liking the PDX-12 (maybe it was just too big for my set-up; I am not looking for larger pads really since I find 10" to be about ideal for v-drums and 8" a bit too small). So, anyway, I bought a third PDX-100 and kept the PD-105 as my snare. Now, as my updated signature will attest, I am keeping the PD-105 snare, and using two PDX-100 rack toms and one PDX-100 floor tom. The PDX-8's? Will have to sell them both. Whew! Never liked those plastic edges on the PDX-8's.
          Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash; CY-8 crash; KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Audioquest Nightowl, SRH750DJ, ATH-M50 headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Masters, Real Acoustic Sound Editions

Comment

Working...
          X