Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

EF Note

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Chance27 View Post

    ATV’s is cleaner looking but Roland’s looks much easier when it comes to repairs or maintenance.
    from the photo, i wonder where Roland placed the rim trigger?

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by tivi View Post

      from the photo, i wonder where Roland placed the rim trigger?
      It's likely right in the middle so it captures all vibration from the rim equally from all points around the rim. It's just not visible from the photo as it's probably under the center plate.
      Last edited by jpsquared482; 01-21-20, 08:25 PM.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

      Comment


      • #78
        Not sure about the screen, not modern one, since you need to press harder to activate, could make potential issue with constant pressure with time, and the workflow is slower.


        Last edited by Chris K; 01-27-20, 06:09 PM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Not a fan of the whole, let's make it as 50's looking as possible. We need edrums to look like normal drums in the first place which we are still just getting around to with Roland and atv. Until this is achieved, I see no reason to go back in time. The e ink screen looks super annoying unless they really nail the set and forget approach that atv pioneered. They'll certainly need some better kits for that though. We also do not need more 10/12 inch drums. Roland has been making those for decades. The 20 inch ride is nice.

          I would assume that a rogue ef note employee will read this thread just as an artist will read a review of their music so give them some feedback everyone .

          Comment


          • #80
            Those drums combined with the silver cymbals look like they came of the David Bowie Space Odyssey tour. "Ground control to Major Tom........"

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Chris K View Post
              Not sure about the screen, not modern one, since you need to press harder to activate, could make potential issue with constant pressure with time, and the workflow is slower.


              Likely a pre-production and unoptimized firmware. I wouldn’t judge until a production version is actually released.
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
                in fact.. i thought ATV would sell their 10,12,13" trigger internals at some point.. but they didn't (yet)..
                Either ATV or now EF Note should totally do that. 8/10/12/13/14/16 sizes would likely sell well as singles and packs. Buy them that way for shells you have/like or in whole kits for those who want it. I know I'd be in for a set of internal triggers.
                Roland TD30 module, DW performance series set with UFO triggers. ATV ride and Hats; translucent blue Pintech Visulite cymbals, Gibraltar Rack, DW9000 pedal, DW9120M, Sony MDR-7506 headphones, Yamaha DSR112 monitors.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

                  Likely a pre-production and unoptimized firmware. I wouldn’t judge until a production version is actually released.
                  Yup .... That's NAMM .... finished versions are almost never at NAMM their first showing .... even Roland in years past .... many times would have new releases on the floor and the module does not have all the sounds loaded, etc. And a lot of the new products shown at NAMM either never see the retail market or could be a year or several years later.
                  I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                  Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    They lost me at dry samples.

                    Yes, it's clear the module isn't the finished article but I'm not concerned about that in the slightest.

                    That silhouette of the flagship EF Note module hasn't materialized. So currently the EF Note lineup is a straight ATV alternative for the foreseeable future, but with grey rubber.
                    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                    PA Comparison Sheet

                    Comment


                    • #85

                      The guy playing just kick, hat, and snare wasn't much help. It would have been nice to get a sampling of tom and cymbal sounds.
                      ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                        They lost me at dry samples.

                        Yes, it's clear the module isn't the finished article but I'm not concerned about that in the slightest.

                        That silhouette of the flagship EF Note module hasn't materialized. So currently the EF Note lineup is a straight ATV alternative for the foreseeable future, but with grey rubber.
                        It does have a reverb send on each drum. I am surprised they didn't put a few kits in there like that. I found the ATV kits seemed better performing after playing this at NAMM.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Built in reverb is certainly better than nothing.

                          But all these mid-range modules should be doing what the Pearl eMerge has done. I can't imagine these technicians record acoustic drums for these modules, but then somehow lose the overheads and ambience mics?!

                          No don't use those those natural samples, our customers like fake reverb! ...what? Can't these modern modules handle the polyphony? I'm getting close to making a it's current year argument here.

                          Is it a technical limitation or a directive? - That's what I want to know from ATV and EF Note, they have no COSM overseer, the hardware is available to utilize a more brute force approach. If somebody says they're "pursuing flexible ideas that are not tied to cost" then I'm going to call them out when it looks like the idea is clearly restricted by cost.
                          ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                          ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                          PA Comparison Sheet

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

                            It does have a reverb send on each drum. I am surprised they didn't put a few kits in there like that. I found the ATV kits seemed better performing after playing this at NAMM.
                            You should know by now none of these companies bother with developing kits for their releases, much less their NAMM showing.
                            Alan
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                              Built in reverb is certainly better than nothing.

                              But all these mid-range modules should be doing what the Pearl eMerge has done. I can't imagine these technicians record acoustic drums for these modules, but then somehow lose the overheads and ambience mics?!

                              No don't use those those natural samples, our customers like fake reverb! ...what? Can't these modern modules handle the polyphony? I'm getting close to making a it's current year argument here.

                              Is it a technical limitation or a directive? - That's what I want to know from ATV and EF Note, they have no COSM overseer, the hardware is available to utilize a more brute force approach. If somebody says they're "pursuing flexible ideas that are not tied to cost" then I'm going to call them out when it looks like the idea is clearly restricted by cost.
                              a few little hints:
                              - the roomy sound is longer than dry sound.
                              - the roomy sound in mono is... err... meh?

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post

                                a few little hints:
                                - the roomy sound is longer than dry sound.
                                - the roomy sound in mono is... err... meh?
                                Are the sounds in ATV and EFNote really mono? When I had 2box Drumit5 module there definitely was a difference if having samples mono or stereo. Also feeding them out to PA on mono or stereo matters a lot. Usually I had outs 1-2 for snare, 3-4 for kick, 5-6 for toms and 7-8 for all cymbals.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X