Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

EF Note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to read that.
    Bad blow for ATV users....
    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Guys, the Asian companies are getting hit really hard right now. There are some private things I haven't shared, but you'll have to trust me when I say I'm very shocked that a few of these companies not only showed up to NAMM, but actually attempted to bring new product. This goes deeper than even the speculation spoke of in this topic. I expected Roland to show as they did; simply because they plan so far in advance. There's no stopping that train in it's typical 4 year plan. That said, they've done some things behind the scenes to make it look like they're not taking a beating - and be able to bring product to market. This TD-27 is actually going to act as a life raft through this current economy. So, I wouldn't be too hard on ATV. They are still a "new" company battling a very turbulent market time. If you love your ATV, I'd have some understanding and pray they make it through.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
        Guys, the Asian companies are getting hit really hard right now. There are some private things I haven't shared, but you'll have to trust me when I say I'm very shocked that a few of these companies not only showed up to NAMM, but actually attempted to bring new product. This goes deeper than even the speculation spoke of in this topic. I expected Roland to show as they did; simply because they plan so far in advance. There's no stopping that train in it's typical 4 year plan. That said, they've done some things behind the scenes to make it look like they're not taking a beating - and be able to bring product to market. This TD-27 is actually going to act as a life raft through this current economy. So, I wouldn't be too hard on ATV. They are still a "new" company battling a very turbulent market time. If you love your ATV, I'd have some understanding and pray they make it through.
        The things is the 20% cut from China vs Trump trade, hurts company.

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
          If only we could buy that trigger assembly to slot into a shell of our own!
          That would be great. I doubt Roland, EF, etc. would do that but maybe some third party.
          Last edited by EssKayKay; 01-20-20, 09:17 AM.

Comment

in fact.. i thought ATV would sell their 10,12,13" trigger internals at some point.. but they didn't (yet)..
            Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

I think hardware\lugs maybe the shell. But internal triggers on Roland are different on the base platform, not same built as ATV while still 3 cones, no hotspot.

Note center plate empty.

roland.png
              Roland probably use the same basket from ... PD-125 then mount 3 plates under the 3 cones :P

Comment

Please, if someone knows someone of EFnote, tell them to create a line of black cymbals, they are the only ones so far to have created a nice 8 splash, and in addition there is another alternative to Roland's and atv 18 ride thanks to them.
                ​​

Comment

Did anyone hear anything about the EFNOTE 7?

"Unveiled at NAMM 2020" (http://ef-note.com/)

I realise that they may be small but their single demo video on their Instagram is pretty underwhelming.

Comment

Alan
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Comment deleted. Sorry, MJB!
                      Last edited by jpsquared482; 01-21-20, 06:08 PM.
                      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post

I'd say that rim trigger is under that center metal plate (you even can see a cable going there)
                        Interesting image from Roland is different than drum tec video. On the atv cable are on side shell, roland all goes to middle, there is resistor, and on right, one left resistor slots left empty.
                        https://www.roland.com/us/promos/v-d...oustic_design/

vad_detail_4_advanced_tom_sensors.jpg
                        Last edited by Chris K; 01-21-20, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Interesting image from Roland is different than drum tec video. On the atv cable are on side shell, roland all goes to middle, there is resistor, and on right, one left resistor slots left empty.
                          https://www.roland.com/us/promos/v-d...oustic_design/

vad_detail_4_advanced_tom_sensors.jpg
                          ATV’s is cleaner looking but Roland’s looks much easier when it comes to repairs or maintenance.
                          ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
                            You’re on that very thread.
                            I’m asking if anyone heard about the EF Note 7 (seven)

Comment

Originally posted by makanaiboy View Post

65 Drums just posted a NAMM video about an hour ago. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but if the EF Note 7 was shown at NAMM, I bet Justin mentions it.

Comment

Originally posted by makanaiboy View Post

Peter warren tested, sound very similar to ad5 and using similar sample pool, but you cannot add sound.
                                Last edited by Chris K; 01-21-20, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X