Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

EF Note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Ok after discussion with Eric he meet them at NAMM, the engineers of enote, is the same who did atv kit, worked on Roland for 20 years previously, now we see connection, hence why it's so similar. Did one or 2 split? I don't know.
    Interesting - the plot thickens!
    ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

You can look at all three companies and see the engineering similarities. The new Roland & EF pads are identical. They’re coming from the same factory, as far as I can tell.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
        You can look at all three companies and see the engineering similarities. The new Roland & EF pads are identical. They’re coming from the same factory, as far as I can tell.
        From what I hear you are right!

Comment

The lugs & hardware are identical, for Pete’s sake.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
            I think hardware\lugs maybe the shell. But internal triggers on Roland are different on the base platform, not same built as ATV while still 3 cones, no hotspot.

Note center plate empty.

roland.png
            Last edited by Chris K; 01-19-20, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I meant actual “hardware”... maybe even shells.
              Alan

Comment

The EF Note 5 kit had me really interested until I read the sizes. 12 inch snare drum. 10 inch rack tom. 12 inch floor tom. How is this any different from the small sizes already readily available? Kind of a shame, because the EF Note 5 kit looks great. It's especially nice to see the rack tom mounted on the bass drum! If EF Note puts out a kit in more traditional sizes (for example: 14 SD, 12 RT, 14 FT, and 18 BD), I'll be really interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

I think hardware\lugs maybe the shell. But internal triggers on Roland are different on the base platform, not same built as ATV while still 3 cones, no hotspot.

Note center plate empty.

roland.png
                  rim Trigger
                  . digitalDrummer
                  Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post

rim Trigger
                    I'd say that rim trigger is under that center metal plate (you even can see a cable going there)

Comment

That’s what I was referring to in response to Chris.
                      . digitalDrummer
                      Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
                        That’s what I was referring to in response to Chris.
                        ahh sorry =)
                        I was confused with red circles on a picture and your text.

Comment

If only we could buy that trigger assembly to slot into a shell of our own!

Their plastic molded design would undercut all of the metal bracket assemblies even with a large markup.
                          ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                          ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                          PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

During this NAMM, I heard that ATV lost many key engineers due to stupid management, and now it looks like a trading company. Considering their long silence and closing offices, it's probably true. Some of the engineers may now be in EF Note.

Comment

Originally posted by pearlforpig View Post
                              During this NAMM, I heard that ATV lost many key engineers due to stupid management, and now it looks like a trading company. Considering their long silence and closing offices, it's probably true. Some of the engineers may now be in EF Note.
                              Eric from edrumcenter are doing a video on namm and will explain parts of what you said.
                              Last edited by Chris K; 01-20-20, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pearlforpig View Post
                                What's strange to me is If ATV is on the fence, why would Canopus risk tying their name to them?
                                ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Working...
                                X