Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

EF Note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost me with that dinky-ass bass drum.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

The main web page has a regular-size kick drum (18" perhaps?), with wood hoops.

According to specs, the module sports a full-blown audio & midi interface (2ins, 8outs, midi i/o).
      gear: MarkDrum YES e-kit highly modified (low-volume trigger cymbals, 16" DIY kick, 12" DIY snare + tom 3, Goedrum HH controller), Triggera 10" splash
      band: http://theboardmusic.com

Comment

If you're gonna go for an acoustic shell type of setup you gotta go at least the sizes of the ATV artist series. At 12 inches for the snare, and 16 for the BD we start to enter pad land anyways. I'd just add to the cost without the visual benefit. It's also just some super dinky sizes:P.

Comment

photo from Erik [edrumcenter] posted on facebook .

Comment

youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFCy...c0BJ5b0kVJhaVc

Comment

Hopefully Peter has a chance to play it and give some impressions.
              ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Well that told me absolutely nothing. And, what's with the baby music?
                ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
                  Hopefully Peter has a chance to play it and give some impressions.
                  Erick at edrumcenter tried, but he said not expecting to receive anything from them before 4-6 months.
                  Last edited by Chris K; 01-17-20, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Felt hammer on the kick... That mesh head will not last too long.....
                    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Video (although not a great one) on their Instagram here:

https://www.instagram.com/efnote/

Comment

If you see the EF NOTE7 look like their flagship, module is larger then the 3, hard to tell.

Comment

I commented in the NAMM thread. Sounds nice and clear but very similar to the AD5. It has a reverb and 2 band EQ per drum. The big downfall is that they said you cannot add future sounds.
                          It plays alot like the AD5 but not quite as refined yet[very close]. I think they should redesign it so future sounds can be added. Sample pool is similar to the AD5,nothing like the Mimic.

Comment

More info, the acoustic kit should cost $2200, lower 1500$

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                              I commented in the NAMM thread. Sounds nice and clear but very similar to the AD5. It has a reverb and 2 band EQ per drum. The big downfall is that they said you cannot add future sounds.
                              It plays alot like the AD5 but not quite as refined yet[very close]. I think they should redesign it so future sounds can be added. Sample pool is similar to the AD5,nothing like the Mimic.
                              Sooooo....

Ex-Roland employees kinda copy what other ex-Roland employees did already, but with less functionalities, and no future expansion provided.

Hmmm... I wonder what the targeted niche market is aimed at....
                              Looks like a very narrow niche product... even more than something like a DrumIt5, which was considered a small niche product at its beginnings...
                              At least the DrumIt5 introduced something new at the time.
                              Last edited by perceval; 01-18-20, 03:54 AM.
                              DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                              Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                                Bad new for ATV:
                                Atv users Tom Blazek at winter namm: After lengthy discussion at the show, was very disheartened to hear that ALL of the promises made last year have been broken. No expanded output module, editing software, plans for any new hardware. Wondering if I made a mistake going with ATV. (Expanded kit, 2 aD5’s, extra Cyms, extra tom....). Real bummer.

Did ATV split into a new company Efnote?
                                Last edited by puttenvr; 01-18-20, 04:11 AM.
                                Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X