Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

New Roland TD-27 Drum Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebaronofsd View Post

i missed it in the manual but my presumption is that, same as the td50, the analog snare/ride inputs are muted/disabled if the digital pads are connected?
    The manual says "Exclusion use with digital pad". I assume it's referring to what you mean.

Also there is this entry in the FAQ:

If a pad connected to a DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port is assigned to the same trigger input as a pad connected to a TRIGGER IN jack/TRIGGER INPUT jack, the sound of the pad that’s connected to the TRIGGER IN jack/TRIGGER INPUT jack is not output

Action: Disconnect the pad connection cable from the
    DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port

Comment

Read the manual...I believe that you can assign any pad to any of the 4 outs (2 master, 2 direct), but this is important to me, and is one of the reasons for me to upgrade. Does anyone have further info or can verify this? Need to assign snare, kick, toms, cymbals to separate outs for FOH.

Comment

Some stores had the TD-27 in stock for a couple of days (the module itself, not the VAD kits) and now they all have an estimated 7-8 weeks wait time. Oof.

Comment

It's very normal for some product to be sent out early, and then the main shipment goes out Mar/Apr. Nothing new here.

By the way, if you're looking, Kraft has kits. They're waiting for components.
          Alan
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks Alan, but unfortunately I'm in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by thebaronofsd View Post
              doesn't appear to support input splitting though, not even on the AUX inputs.
              It doesn't support splitting with on-board sounds or it wont support splitting at all? Can one still split via cable and have different midi values passed from two different pads to Superior Drummer?

Comment

Roland took down the Ref Manual ?

Comment

tivi wrote:
                  Roland took down the Ref Manual?
                  Yes, seems to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post

Roland took down the Ref Manual ?
                    They changed https://www.roland.com/us/support/by...wners_manuals/

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
                      It doesn't support splitting with on-board sounds or it wont support splitting at all? Can one still split via cable and have different midi values passed from two different pads to Superior Drummer?
                      Nothing in the manual suggests splitting via cables is supported but apparently you can put a cowbell on a Tom rim as an example.
                      TD-25 + TD-6v running - 2 x PD-100s updated with dual Piezo, 3 x PD-120, VH-11, Alesis 16" 3 zone Strike Ride, Alesis 14" Strike crash, 1 x CY-15r, 2 x CY-13r as crash, 1 x Cy-12. iconnectmidi2+ and 2 x iconnect mio for midi triggering.

Comment

Roland must be updating their sites. I went to the TD-27 U.S. page and clicked the Support link. Only the Quick Start manual shows up. However, when I follow the link from Chris (which is also a U.S. link), all the manuals, including the Reference Manual, are there. The link Chris gave does not show up on the TD-27 U.S. page, at least not on the page being served to me. I wonder if there are multiple, regional, content delivery servers in the background and the link has been changed in the master, but hasn't propagated to all the servers yet. I'm guessing the problem is something like this. Anyway, the link Chris gave works!

Comment

Spoke to Roland support person yesterday with specific questions:
                          1. Can you assign any pad to any of the four outputs (LR Master, Direct 1 & Direct 2)?
                            1. Answer: yes - you can assign any pad to any of those four outputs if you choose output routing as such. So I'd be able to send snare, BD, cyms, and toms all separately to FOH.
                          2. Can you assign any sound to any pad, rim, bow, edge, etc?
                            1. Answer: yes - any sound can be assigned to any trigger (head, rim, bow, edge, etc.)
                          3. Will there be a digi pack?
                            1. Yes, but most likely not right away.
                          So, now I must decide whether or not to replace my set entirely, or just get the eventual digi pack. Or, move toward the Mimic Pro, but with a quality snare and ride equivalent to the Roland digital pads.

Comment

Originally posted by bub_star View Post
                            1. Can you assign any pad to any of the four outputs (LR Master, Direct 1 & Direct 2)?
                              1. Answer: yes - you can assign any pad to any of those four outputs if you choose output routing as such. So I'd be able to send snare, BD, cyms, and toms all separately to FOH.
                              1. Answer: yes - any sound can be assigned to any trigger (head, rim, bow, edge, etc.)
                            So, now I must decide whether or not to replace my set entirely, or just get the eventual digi pack. Or, move toward the Mimic Pro, but with a quality snare and ride equivalent to the Roland digital pads.
                            Did you ask about the percussions set via MIDI IN to expand more inputs? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bub_star View Post
                              DIgipack meaning the TD-27 with the digital snare & ride? Those are already available (albeit mostly out of stock).

Comment

Originally posted by Excessium View Post

DIgipack meaning the TD-27 with the digital snare & ride? Those are already available (albeit mostly out of stock).
                                Did not saw them listed to sell in US yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X