Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Winter NAMM 2020 New Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture from Japan of a new version of TD-17KVX?

Last edited by Mikevdrums; 01-13-20, 08:10 PM.

Comment

From MusicRadar:
      • Roland: We fully expect Roland to continue building out their V-Drums offering, and we'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't more blurring of the lines between acoustic kits, triggering and full electronic kits in the offing.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/wint...nd-predictions

Comment

I expect a big showing from Roland. Several things that have happened this past year are why I've said this all along.
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          I expect a big showing from Roland. Several things that have happened this past year are why I've said this all along.
          I must have missed those comments. By "big" do you mean "Mimic-competitor" big or "digital ride" big?
          ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

The new affordable SSL audio interfaces look nice for edrummers using VSTs.

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/interfaces

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

I must have missed those comments. By "big" do you mean "Mimic-competitor" big or "digital ride" big?
              I just meant (personally guessing based on experience) I expect a new flagship, or new configurations and components at the least, and a mid-level 25 replacement. I also expect an SPD... but that's just guessing. Again, based on things that have happened this year... like other years prior to similar releases. I do not expect a digital HH... or any other digital pads for that matter. I may be surprised there, but I'm fairly certain this year is about flagship components, possibly new configurations or colors, a module, and some revamp in the mid-level with a new module. If the pic posted above is true, that's exactly what I expected... on the flagship as well.
              Alan
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

I just meant (personally guessing based on experience) I expect a new flagship.
                Usually price drop before to get rid of them, nothing this time, I would be very surprised, flagship just reached 4 years old. I see more "td27" to replace Td25 to fill the gap between td17 and td-50.
                Last edited by Chris K; 01-13-20, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Would Roland have just released that td-50 nocturne thing if they were going to announce another flagship? Would they announce it at the same time as a mid range model to replace the td-25?
                  Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post
                    Would Roland have just released that td-50 nocturne thing if they were going to announce another flagship? Would they announce it at the same time as a mid range model to replace the td-25?
                    I think these notcutre kit are made in low quantity, previous kit with may system kit there was only 50 made in total.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 01-13-20, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Usually price drop before to get rid of them, nothing this time, I would be very surprised, flagship just reached 4 years old. I see more "td27" to replace Td25 to fill the gap between td17 and td-50.
                      Well, a couple of things here... Economy could mean leaving the price up to the last minute on the flagship; although, I agree they could pull another 6 year lapse. They did that before, IIRC.

When the 50 was originally released with 2 toms, I immediately said it looked like they were leaving room open to introduce additional configs over the coming years. I was right about that, and we may see even more options. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see color options this NAMM. Fact is, they have to do something to compete with these other companies when it comes to visuals. So, time will tell.

I think one thing we all agree on is they are way overdue in the mid-range. Their 17 is immensely successful. If I were Roland, I would be getting a 25 range module out this year - no questions asked. So, we totally agree in that respect. That's just common sense.

One thing is for sure. Trade & tariffs are giving Roland a tough time. So, anything could happen in all directions. That doesn't mean they aren't still king worldwide. I think it's only because other companies are not worldwide.
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by tgfoyl1472 View Post
                        The new affordable SSL audio interfaces look nice for edrummers using VSTs.

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/interfaces
                        Wow,$229 and $249 for SSL. Hopefully the drivers are good,but they should with a company like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                          Are the new sounds available for the old drumit 5 as well?
                          I think so Peter. I have not it confirmed - but the new sounds will ship with the DI5 MKII so 2box will probably post the sounds as backup on their site + also include them in their sound library on their site.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
                          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3,5,5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post
                            Is the drum it 3 newer than the old drum it 5?
                            The Drumit 3 and the new Drumit 5 MKII have both the universal trigger interface - So almost any gears from Roland, or Yamaha will work on these systems. (The only one missing is the ATV aD-H14 hi-hat - but there is solutions for this item also from zourman.com)

For the old DrumIt Five - there is a whole bunch of conversion modules available to solve the compability issues with Roland hi-hats and 3 zone rides from zourman.com.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
                            Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3,5,5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

Wow,$229 and $249 for SSL. Hopefully the drivers are good,but they should with a company like this.
                              I don’t know, I think that’s actually fairly expensive per line input.

I guess if you do all of your mixing on the drum module and you’re only going to be using this to trigger a VST it could be a nice option - small form factor, bus power, boutique look, good sample rates, didn’t see any mention about latency...but in that case, a comparable Focusrite would be cheaper? I don’t know, I didn’t get too in the weeds looking at specs and am no expert anyway.

Comment

I hope we see a refresh of the Yamaha dtx line , so we can have some serious competition in the edrum market again after so long. Also a midi 2.0 drum kit would be exciting news.

Comment

Working...
                                X