Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Rolands Positional Sensing Patent Ended...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolands Positional Sensing Patent Ended...

Yesterday according to reliable sources...

best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.11. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

If I remember correctly, the patent was specifically about processing the waves after hitting the head, right?
    Meaning there wasn't something preventing other companies from figuring out other ways to do that.
    Like...I don't know...triangulating the hit position based on signal from three cones perfectly placed around the head...

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
      Yesterday according to reliable sources...

best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
      Source please or it didn't happen
      gear: MarkDrum YES e-kit highly modified (low-volume trigger cymbals, 16" DIY kick, 12" DIY snare + tom 3, Goedrum HH controller), Triggera 10" splash
      band: http://theboardmusic.com

Comment

i personally do not care about todays positional sensing technology. It was more a marketing strategy than a real development, ah...did i mentioned that i
        hate center triggers? Lets see, maybe we will see a camera supported system or any other sensor system, capacitative heads for example.

thinking about slate to adapt P.S. on the mimic before delivering crashes with sticksounds is just ridiculous.

Comment

Thanks angr77. I'm very glad to see patents of this sort coming to an end, as this opens the electronic drum market to greater innovation and greater competition. This technology has great expressive potential, so as other manufacturers come on board, I hope the technology evolves to provide more usable results. I'm especially interested to see if the hot-spot problem can be eliminated.
          Last edited by TangTheHump; 01-09-20, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X