Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland drum rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland drum rack

Just a quick one, does anyone have problems with the size of their drum rack?
    I have a Roland MDS-9 but find it really hard to assemble anything more than the standard pads. I wanted to add another floor tom but it's really tight space wise.
    Are there bigger drum racks out there that anyone can recommend?
    Cheers

https://www.roland.com/ca/categories...e_accessories/
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by frigas View Post
      Just a quick one, does anyone have problems with the size of their drum rack?

Are there bigger drum racks out there that anyone can recommend?
      YES!
      I bought a 36" curved pipe for the main front of my rack (TD20SX rack/kit)... gave me a bit more breathing room.
      The piping for the racks is of common readily available sizes for a very reasonable price. Here's a link to the page/pipe I bought from Musicians Friend: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...47782000000625
      Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
      Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Just add some more tubes.

Few $

Don't even need to be Roland - Yamaha / Roland / Dixon / Gibraltar / ect all compatible.

All my racks are made up of bits from everyone.
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
          Just add some more tubes.

Few $

Don't even need to be Roland - Yamaha / Roland / Dixon / Gibraltar / ect all compatible.

All my racks are made up of bits from everyone.
          That's not entirely accurate when it comes to Roland. It depends on the clamps that connect the tubes.
          See this post for an "incompatible" example where you'd have to work on the tubes to make them compatible with Roland clamps.

Comment

.... Ok "in my experience and my various racks"
            *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
            Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
              .... Ok "in my experience and my various racks"
              Yeah it's quite an exception and I imagine the clamps for the entry level racks aren't as annoying, just posting it for the record because I almost fell for it myself back when I was trying to extend my MDS-12V.

Comment

68523849-CC52-452A-9D9C-761F9C96BF62.jpegSame here, I added 36” curved tube to the side.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X