Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2box Speed Light Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winterson
    replied
    well that sounds just fantastic

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Our dear drum-tec friend Ralf have made a new video with the Speedlight kit using both the Five MKII and Three modules.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• Stef974
    replied
    I tried the Speedlight kit for a day and the settings do not seem to be that complicated, also for an e-drum beginner like me, it is a kit out of the (2)box...
    This beeing said I'm not so shure that the Drummit 3 is realy an advanced module, at least from its ergonomics. The menu and display are a real pain in the @
    I would agree that the playability of the kit is below a certain limit. This is certainly a price point.

Leave a comment:

• mvdput
    replied
    Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post

I am kind of curious how a beginner drumset with an advanced Module will sell. If the drumit three is your first module, you`re in for a lot of frustration ...Piezo, Switch, Samples??? WTF? ;-)
    You have a good point there...
    I moved from a Yamaha DTX-450K to the old 2Box DrumIt 5.... WOW, what a sound! but also WOW, what the F#ck are all these settings for?

On my wish list is a module with the open sound architecture from 2Box, the simplicity in setup of an ATV module and probably the PureTouch/WaveTrigger sensor technology of the Pearl e/Merge.... I guess I can keep dreaming for a long time...

Leave a comment:

• holzi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by sascha View Post

Even when I do a second product run with real 'Fresh Homemade Lemon Juice' to counteract the decline of my sales, people might say 'hey, wasn't that you who tricked us?'.
    I understand your point, but 2box did not call the Speed light a Pro Kit or something, and their Modules are still the same. I see no tricks.

I am kind of curious how a beginner drumset with an advanced Module will sell. If the drumit three is your first module, you`re in for a lot of frustration ...Piezo, Switch, Samples??? WTF? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• sascha
    replied
    Originally posted by walkinded View Post
    I think is nobody’s business what’s 2box ROI unless you are an investor... if you find it irritating buy a millenium and be happy, 2box is not there for the hobby, and certainly not to let you know how much they buy their pads in China, Thailand, Guagadoudou or whatever...
    I find that response harsh, or maybe I wasn't clear. I was trying to stress how much effort and smart or at least 'different' thinking went into the former 2box products. Doing engineering in the MI business myself I just liked the way they approached things, as much as I liked the prior products for ddrum & Clavia.
    The Drumit Three module is still 2box DNA, but it's the 'speed light' pads & rack which I find problematic. It's not easy surviving in this niche market, but in my opinion the rest of the kit devalues the brand as a whole.

I pick an analogy: if I would run a business like 'Fresh Homemade Orange Juice', and all my neighbours and friends know I made it all by myself, I'm devoted to flavour, and I even invented my own tools and machines in order to be able to squeeze all that flavour out of the fruits, and everyone kept saying it tasted different... my juice is more expensive but it's more work involved, and it's worth every drop.
    But these days I just buy palletes of canisters of freshly-pressed juice from a factory but still put my name on it, as if nothing had changed. The juice now tastes just like ordinary juice from the food discounter around the block, but my name implies it's different. One could say, hey, I'm selling like crazy now or at least keep my costs overseeable, and who cares... but at the same time I've made a 180 turn in business ethics. And eventually I might complain when, over time, my customers all had walked over to that other store as they can have the same 'flavour' for half the price. Even when I do a second product run with real 'Fresh Homemade Lemon Juice' to counteract the decline of my sales, people might say 'hey, wasn't that you who tricked us?'.
    Last edited by sascha; 04-22-20, 02:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Originally posted by mvdput View Post

Today I got a response from 2Box who confirmed that the hi hat is an optical based system. Also at one of the HXM resellers I saw something about a photoelectric sensor hi hat and the guys at Andertons who did a review of the Speedlightkit also said it is an optical hi hat....

Some say it is and some say it isn't, so if 2Box says it is, then I think they are right however it is nowhere mentioned on their own site, while this is quite an unique feature like the ATV hi hat has.
    Interesting, they might have changed it for some reason...the units I tested was magnetic...:-)

But if 2box says officially that it is optical...then it is true...

best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
    Last edited by angr77; 04-21-20, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• walkinded
    replied
    I think is nobody’s business what’s 2box ROI unless you are an investor... if you find it irritating buy a millenium and be happy, 2box is not there for the hobby, and certainly not to let you know how much they buy their pads in China, Thailand, Guagadoudou or whatever...

Leave a comment:

• sascha
    replied
    It's not a matter of obsession, but I think it's only fair to let customers know if you have put own R&D into a product that you want a sustainable ROI for, or if you just slap your brand name on something you just bought for cheap somewhere else and what already exists in a dozen facets. It's also very irritating, considering the fact that 2box formerly was a driving source of innovation and inspiration for other manufacturers because they did so many things different and just smart when they started out.
    Last edited by sascha; 04-21-20, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mvdput
    replied
    It is not really an obsession. I like those pads too but I can't seem to buy those separately. I don't need a full kit, I already have an A2E kit standing and a 2Box DrumIt 3 module on the way.
    And since the same pads are also around with other brands printed on them, I might as well buy some from the other brand if they are available separately.

Leave a comment:

• walkinded
    replied
    I don't understand the obsession of knowing what these pads are... the pads have a nice 2box logo on them, so for me they are 2Box and that's it...

Leave a comment:

• mvdput
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
    saw that site too.. interesting.. but with 'cheaper' brands, you have to be careful with the trigger system (quality)
    and the hardware (lug threads etc) ..i haven't seen this brand up close .. cymbals seem hxm but rebranded..
    The Milennium MPS series cymbal also look the same like HXM / 2Box: https://www.thomann.de/nl/millenium_..._crash_pad.htm

And I found another one that looks familiar: The Valler XD-480. Never heard of that brand but it seems quite popular i and around Turkey?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELBjJm0StmY
    Last edited by mvdput; 04-21-20, 04:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mvdput
    replied
    Originally posted by angr77 View Post
    I tested the hi-hat about two months ago for 2box - and it is a magnet based system. It has a very solid pad...and the magnet are located in different way on this one compared to the old 2box hi-hat.

I got good results when testing.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
    Today I got a response from 2Box who confirmed that the hi hat is an optical based system. Also at one of the HXM resellers I saw something about a photoelectric sensor hi hat and the guys at Andertons who did a review of the Speedlightkit also said it is an optical hi hat....

Some say it is and some say it isn't, so if 2Box says it is, then I think they are right however it is nowhere mentioned on their own site, while this is quite an unique feature like the ATV hi hat has.

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    saw that site too.. interesting.. but with 'cheaper' brands, you have to be careful with the trigger system (quality)
    and the hardware (lug threads etc) ..i haven't seen this brand up close .. cymbals seem hxm but rebranded..
    Last edited by Ericdrumz; 04-20-20, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• holzi2000
    replied
    I guess you can buy this: https://www.kirstein.de/en/E-Drum-Se...-Drum-Kit.html

and swap the module. The cymbals and most of the pads seem to be the same. only bigger, and more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X