Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

2box Speed Light Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    ok.. well.. it would sound a whole lot better with a 2box module ..

Leave a comment:

• silot
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZuOcT__yI This is the HXM kit they are using.
    Last edited by silot; 01-23-20, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    i've still kept some HXM cymbal pads, and a hihat pad.. in combination with an fd-7 ..because i thought 'wow' that stuff is pretty good,
    triggers fine and 'low' noise.. and a good feel when you hit it.. it doesn't have to be expensive to be good.. but some stuff when it is cheap
    it is 'rubbish' (like medeli cymbals.. that's just 'toys') wrong choice of materials.. or manufacturing just for looks, and not playability..
    Last edited by Ericdrumz; 01-21-20, 05:57 AM. Reason: sorry fd-7 ..not 9

Leave a comment:

• Excessium
    replied
    Originally posted by silot View Post

If the sounds are the same and the feeling is a bit worse does it justify spending 3k more on the expensive kit for that extra bit realistic feel? I don't think so. You can record and practice at home with your cheap e kit and the great sounds from the vst and then play live on an acoustic kit and practice more intricate stuff on the acoustic kit as well for way less money.
    I don't think anyone was talking about value.
    I personally wouldn't use Roland and "value for money" in the same sentence.
    I have thankfully followed Justin's advice not to buy Roland stuff new and I'm perfectly happy with that. Even managed to flip some of the pads after months of using them.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Boo
    replied

If the sounds are the same and the feeling is a bit worse does it justify spending 3k more on the expensive kit for that extra bit realistic feel? I don't think so. You can record and practice at home with your cheap e kit and the great sounds from the vst and then play live on an acoustic kit and practice more intricate stuff on the acoustic kit as well for way less money.
    well...
    there are two obvious things here
    1 - obviously, for you, it makes no sense to spend more money on a instruments with a better feel.
    2 - obviously, for some other people, it makes sense =) Thus all these companies on the market.

I mean - there is are hardly any point for discussion here, you do like apples, I do like oranges, who is right? )))

Leave a comment:

• silot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post

but that makes no sense for a drummer and drumming probably?

I mean - you can just draw the midi with a mouse in a DAW then? )))

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Boo
    replied

I am saying they are triggering the same on the vst if they are properly set up, of course they don't have the same quality and feeling but you can produce the same drum track that sounds exactly the same from both of them.
    but that makes no sense for a drummer and drumming probably?

I mean - you can just draw the midi with a mouse in a DAW then? )))

Leave a comment:

• silot
    replied
    Originally posted by Excessium View Post

You're telling me a CY-18DR performs the same as a $50 12" ride with a crappy bell? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense.
    I am saying they are triggering the same on the vst if they are properly set up, of course they don't have the same quality and feeling but you can produce the same drum track that sounds exactly the same from both of them.

Leave a comment:

• Excessium
    replied

I have and did not face any problems triggering , of course the 2box module is in another league but the pads are exactly the same and the only difference in the cymbals is the plastic finish. I seriously doubt many people have actually played medeli drums with a vst . I have played on a TD-50KVX , mps-850 , kat plastic pads, yamaha 502k and they all triggered the same through superior drummer.
    You're telling me a CY-18DR performs the same as a $50 12" ride with a crappy bell? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense.

Leave a comment:

• silot
    replied
    Originally posted by Excessium View Post

I'm going to guess you've never played that set. I have. I wouldn't touch it again, even just for midi triggering.
    I have and did not face any problems triggering , of course the 2box module is in another league but the pads are exactly the same and the only difference in the cymbals is the plastic finish. I seriously doubt many people have actually played medeli drums with a vst . I have played on a TD-50KVX , mps-850 , kat plastic pads, yamaha 502k and they all triggered the same through superior drummer.

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Hi!
    Just a note regarding the speed light kit...I had the opportunity to test it for a 10-20 minutes at 2box ...and all I can just say that I did not got the feeling of something very cheap...it was actually triggering extremely well and felt very solid and good. Toms was fantastic and also the cymbals. Maybe the kick could have been better...it was moving over the floor during the tests...(no drum rug under)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
    Last edited by angr77; 01-18-20, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Excessium
    replied
    Or you could buy https://www.thomann.de/gr/millenium_...e_drum_set.htm that has exactly the same build quality and trigger it through a vst for less than half the price yeah well.
    I'm going to guess you've never played that set. I have. I wouldn't touch it again, even just for midi triggering.

Leave a comment:

• silot
    replied
    Or you could buy https://www.thomann.de/gr/millenium_...e_drum_set.htm that has exactly the same build quality and trigger it through a vst for less than half the price yeah well.

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    second that (used to work in a store where they sold HXM) the rubber (cymbals) feel is very good,
    robust, good dynamics (possibility) and not too much noise.. ok, they don't swing..
    hxm did have cr*ppy module.. but they improved that now with 2box (multi samples, no machine gun)
    this should be very good for an 'intermediate' e-kit..

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    The kit is made by HXM from Thailand.
    Here's their version with their own module:
    https://www.hxmthailand.com/product/e-drum-hxm-xd-450c/

i have a small cymbal and a small rubber pad from HXM, and the quality is very nice, sturdy construction and triggers perfectly.

I'm sure that this kit combined with the Drumit module would be quite the performer at the lower cost it should sell.
    The 450 kit sells for 22,000 Thai bath. That's about $725 usd. Factor in the higher cost of the Drumit module to get a good idea of the price.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X