Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

TD12 and TrapKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD12 and TrapKat

How do I change the TrapKat midi notes of the TrapKat to match those of the TD12. I am running the bass and hihat triggers from the module. I'm wanting to utilize all 24 pads using the the "head and rim" assignment on the TD12. I have updated the module to the TD20. I am 53 and have Rheumatoid arthritis and can no longer play my acoustic set very much. Being my age.....I am somewhat technically stupid concerning the electronic and programming side of drumming. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the manual, old chap.

https://www.alternatemode.com/manual...anual_0512.pdf

NOTE EDIT FOOTSWITCH Changing sounds on the trapKAT is easy. All you have to do is hold down this footswitch, and while it is held down, hit the pad that you want to change. The first time that you strike the pad, you will hear 10 the sound that is assigned to the pad. The next time you tap on the pad (with the footswitch still held down,) the sound will increment by one. You can play as fast as you like. You will hear the sound change each time the pad is struck. If you pass by the sound, you can easily go backwards in the list of sounds. Simply release the footswitch and quickly hold it down again. The sounds will now play in the reverse order. What you are actually doing is advancing through note numbers, MIDI note numbers. There are 127 notes possible. That means that you could be scrolling through up to 127 sounds on any pad. This is great for chop building! Learning to use the “Quick-click” on the footswitch for changing the direction of the sounds can come in real handy in getting the sound that you want quickly. Notice on the display that the screen tells you what note number you are playing. The Beep Sound also changes. This is really necessary so that you know which direction you are going and how far you need to go. You might also be seeing a name of a sound on the display. These names show up if in the GLOBAL section, GM Names are turned on. If you are not using a GM drum module (and the Kurzweil is not strictly GM), you will need to ignore these names. Its a blessing if you are using a drum machine like the Roland TD 30, or a curse if you are using a soft synth and thinking that is the sound. The trapKAT doesn't know what is plugged into its' MIDI Out port. So it is best to get into the habit of looking at the note number and not the sound name.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I have done this but when assigning the pads to head or rim it always reverts to the rim being set up to available sounds to the left....meaning as a right handed drummer it won't allow me to assign the pads from left to right. Thus, the pad to the left of the pad assigned as the head can't be tuned to a higher tom. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've tried this several times. How can I assign the pad to the right as the rim and the pad to the left as the head?
      Like I said, I'm completely incompetent about electronic drums.
      Thank you for helping.

Comment

Originally posted by woofk9 View Post
        I have done this but when assigning the pads to head or rim it always reverts to the rim being set up to available sounds to the left....meaning as a right handed drummer it won't allow me to assign the pads from left to right. Thus, the pad to the left of the pad assigned as the head can't be tuned to a higher tom. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've tried this several times. How can I assign the pad to the right as the rim and the pad to the left as the head?
        Like I said, I'm completely incompetent about electronic drums.
        Thank you for helping.
        What are setting up?

The Trakat can be programmed to send a MIDI note 1-127.

You need to match those with the MIDI notes that your module has assigned to sounds - you'll find that information looking at your module screen or the module manual reference guide.
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
        X