Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Is there a module that lets you record drums only and not the click or backing track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a module that lets you record drums only and not the click or backing track?

Hey guys,

So I'm already aiming to upgrade my Roland TD25 module because I want to add more pads beyond what it allows. However, one feature I'm looking for in a new module is the ability to record audio from the module such as only what I play on the drums get recorded, not any backing track or click track I'm listening to.

Right now, the way I'm recording drum covers, for example, is that I connect my computer to my TD 25 module using the mix in jack, and then I connect the output jack to an iRig2 guitar interface which I attach to my android phone's headphone jack. Then I use a video app on my android, and my android phone records my drumming video with the audio coming from my drum module, which includes both my playing and also the backing track of the song playing from my computer.

The same thing happens if I play along to the click track/metronome internally in the module. If I have the click track going on in my module, because my iRig2 interface is sending all the noise happening in my module to my android phone, my phone picks up both my drumming and the backing click track.

Is there a module that lets me listen to the backing track from my computer, or the click track, but when I use my phone to record the audio, the phone only picks up drums only and not the backing track/click?

I was looking at the Mimic Pro and TD50 as potential upgrades, but not sure if either has this feature. Thanks!
    -GoBears10

Originally posted by gobears10 View Post
    Hey guys,

So I'm already aiming to upgrade my Roland TD25 module because I want to add more pads beyond what it allows. However, one feature I'm looking for in a new module is the ability to record audio from the module such as only what I play on the drums get recorded, not any backing track or click track I'm listening to.

Right now, the way I'm recording drum covers, for example, is that I connect my computer to my TD 25 module using the mix in jack, and then I connect the output jack to an iRig2 guitar interface which I attach to my android phone's headphone jack. Then I use a video app on my android, and my android phone records my drumming video with the audio coming from my drum module, which includes both my playing and also the backing track of the song playing from my computer.

The same thing happens if I play along to the click track/metronome internally in the module. If I have the click track going on in my module, because my iRig2 interface is sending all the noise happening in my module to my android phone, my phone picks up both my drumming and the backing click track.

Is there a module that lets me listen to the backing track from my computer, or the click track, but when I use my phone to record the audio, the phone only picks up drums only and not the backing track/click?

I was looking at the Mimic Pro and TD50 as potential upgrades, but not sure if either has this feature. Thanks!
    -GoBears10
    TD-50

Comment

Usually you can go into the module set up and send the click only to the headphone out and remove it from the standard stereo out.
      Of course, to not record it that way you have to be using the modules headphone out, or sending the stereo out and aux out (click) to a mixer and on let recording the stereo out.

Comment

TD-17

Comment

Any module.
          But just use a cheapo mixer for a few $€

MP3 --> mixer
          Drums [+click if you want] --> mixer
          Mixer --> cans
          Drums --> Recording device,

*** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
          Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
          X