Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mimic together with Yamaha Hardware / Pads a good combination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris K
    replied
    Originally posted by docdoghouse View Post
    Hi, sooner or later i will buy a Mimic, they are very expensive here in Germany, any idea where to get one?

But my question is: i got a dtx 900 set, maxed out with many pads and cymbals. The Hex Rack and hardware is unsurpassed.
    I really love the silicone pads and find the 3 zone solution far better than rolands approach. I too hate the center trigger pads and dont like the tennis racket feeling of meshpads. Ok, my VH13 excels the yamaha hihat, so i am considering buying a vh10 or equivalent.

To my dissapointment the ad5 do not really support the dtx silicone pads, its not possible to use both rim zones independently!
    will the Mimic be compatible in this regard?
    Silicon compatible with all full zones. You can have up to 24 triggers per kit 16 internal + 8 on midi.
    Last edited by Chris K; 11-27-19, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• electrodrummer
    replied
    "Hi, sooner or later i will buy a Mimic" - why?

"i got a dtx 900 set, maxed out with many pads and cymbals" - get any old €100 or less Yamaha module off ebay with MIDI out and MIDI that to your DTX.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Yamaha-Drum-...X/392547224436

Leave a comment:

• Mimic together with Yamaha Hardware / Pads a good combination?

Hi, sooner or later i will buy a Mimic, they are very expensive here in Germany, any idea where to get one?

But my question is: i got a dtx 900 set, maxed out with many pads and cymbals. The Hex Rack and hardware is unsurpassed.
    I really love the silicone pads and find the 3 zone solution far better than rolands approach. I too hate the center trigger pads and dont like the tennis racket feeling of meshpads. Ok, my VH13 excels the yamaha hihat, so i am considering buying a vh10 or equivalent.

To my dissapointment the ad5 do not really support the dtx silicone pads, its not possible to use both rim zones independently!
    will the Mimic be compatible in this regard?
Working...
X