Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Mimic together with Yamaha Hardware / Pads a good combination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the VH-13, Roland PD-105's and PD/KD-125's, Yamaha PCY-130sc, 130s, 150s with the Mimic Pro. All, once adjusted with the modules comprehensive triggering adjustment engine, played and responded excellently. The ability of the modules ability to adjust the myriad drum/mixing/triggering parameters, are well thought out generally. I personally prefer the drum sounds in SD3 (and others) better than the Mimic's Slate VST in the Mimic Pro, and wish more libraries were available, but this is admittedly a personal preference. I do use a RME bus interface as well as a Mackie Onyx Blackbird and find I can get very minimal latency figures from both triggering SD3 via the computer and a Kat Trapkat. As far as the triggering engine and the ability to adjust the various parameters one might be interested in controlling, the Mimic beats anything I've used, though I've not used every device available. Have recently purchased a 2Box Drumit 3 to see how well it does playing the kits from SD3 and possibly other VST's. I know I'll be giving up a bit of 'stuff' with the 2Box vs the Mimic, but for good or bad, I'll have the sounds I'm after. How it plays those sounds will be important. As always, your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by bamadingdong; 12-02-19, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bamadingdong View Post
      I used the VH-13, Roland PD-105's and PD/KD-125's, Yamaha PCY-130sc, 130s, 150s with the Mimic Pro. All, once adjusted with the modules comprehensive triggering adjustment engine, played and responded excellently. The ability of the modules ability to adjust the myriad drum/mixing/triggering parameters, are well thought out generally. I personally prefer the drum sounds in SD3 (and others) better than the Mimic's Slate VST in the Mimic Pro, and wish more libraries were available, but this is admittedly a personal preference. I do use a RME bus interface as well as a Mackie Onyx Blackbird and find I can get very minimal latency figures from both triggering SD3 via the computer and a Kat Trapkat. As far as the triggering engine and the ability to adjust the various parameters one might be interested in controlling, the Mimic beats anything I've used, though I've not used every device available. Have recently purchased a 2Box Drumit 3 to see how well it does playing the kits from SD3 and possibly other VST's. I know I'll be giving up a bit of 'stuff' with the 2Box vs the Mimic, but for good or bad, I'll have the sounds I'm after. How it plays those sounds will be important. As always, your mileage may vary.
      thanks, so you gone from the mimic to the drumit3?
      thats interesting. did you convert your sd3 library yourself one by one via the 2box editor?
      I still own a drumit5 with the card mod but didnt liked the hihat at all. what kind of hihat pad do you use with the drumit3?
      what do you mean with "given up a bit"?

Comment

Originally posted by docdoghouse View Post

thanks, so you gone from the mimic to the drumit3?
        thats interesting. did you convert your sd3 library yourself one by one via the 2box editor?
        I still own a drumit5 with the card mod but didnt liked the hihat at all. what kind of hihat pad do you use with the drumit3?
        what do you mean with "given up a bit"?
        Sorry for long time not visiting this website. I haven't done any conversions yet just anticipating what might be accomplished. I won't need a whole lot of kits as I have a favorite from SD-3 and will just add some extra kicks/snares/cymbals/percussion as desired alternatives. How did we get along on our acoustic sets with just ONE kit sound...LOL. Haven't had a chance yet to put the module through it's paces though I can trigger via Roland/Yamaha pads or a Trapkat. The 'giving up a bit' means all the great things the Mimic does well-Large screen, great pad interface, lots of inputs/outputs, well thought out, etc.
        Last edited by bamadingdong; 12-10-19, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X