Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

NAMM 2020 winter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM 2020 winter

Okay i will start this topic up since there hopefully soon will be a lot off rumours/fact about new upcoming hardware/software at the winter Namm 2020.
    So please chip in.

ATV aD5 5th anniversary limited edition
    https://www.thomann.de/fr/atv_ad5_5t...ry_limited.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mikevdrums View Post
      ATV aD5 5th anniversary limited edition
      https://www.thomann.de/fr/atv_ad5_5t...ry_limited.htm
      But if you buy it from Drumtec they include a bottle of champagne

https://www.drum-tec.fr/atv-adrums-a...n-standard-set
      ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by docdoghouse
        I am starting to hate ATV, come on, stop the "sounds store" and let us download those sounds for free!
        what shall one think who had recently just purchased a new Ad5 without all those sounds included? (like me)
        I’m interested in knowing what made you think all the sound store sounds where included with the aD5 when you purchased it? Their website is pretty clear on how many sounds come standard with the module. http://www.atvcorporation.com/en/pro.../spec.html#tab
        Last edited by Chance27; 12-05-19, 05:53 PM.
        ATV Artist aDrums, TD-50DP, Superior Drummer 3.0, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

I think he reffered to the 5th anniversary edition, coming with all sounds of the store embedded.

Indeed it is frustrating for people like me who has bought a lot of sounds from their store ... but that's life, don't get angry man (starting to hate is a little strong is'nt it ?). ATV is a cool company, their products are great and I'm glad they are present in the edrum market. Maybe they could offer a discount on new sounds to come for customers that have already bought a lot of sound.

The good news is it may confirm that they will release new sounds soon (i'm really looking forward for the ambiant sounds, with room mics !). I have wrote to Mike Snyder about that, and he told me that new sounds have been recorded, as such as ambiant sounds

I speak for myself docdoghouse but for me the customer relationship of ATV is excellent. Customer support is flawless, with great entousiasm and reactivity, and you could reach, for instance, Mike directly. It is really a cool thin

Comment

Originally posted by DrumatiC View Post
            I think he reffered to the 5th anniversary edition, coming with all sounds of the store embedded.

Indeed it is frustrating for people like me who has bought a lot of sounds from their store ... but that's life, don't get angry man (starting to hate is a little strong is'nt it ?). ATV is a cool company, their products are great and I'm glad they are present in the edrum market. Maybe they could offer a discount on new sounds to come for customers that have already bought a lot of sound.

The good news is it may confirm that they will release new sounds soon (i'm really looking forward for the ambiant sounds, with room mics !). I have wrote to Mike Snyder about that, and he told me that new sounds have been recorded, as such as ambiant sounds

I speak for myself docdoghouse but for me the customer relationship of ATV is excellent. Customer support is flawless, with great entousiasm and reactivity, and you could reach, for instance, Mike directly. It is really a cool thin
            Well in that case I can understand he may be frustrated but I agree that “hate” may be a little too strong. Unfortunately companies are always adding incentives and discounts to aging products in order to extend their shelf life. I to have spent almost $200 on sounds but I guess this is the price we pay for being early adopters.

I agree with you that ATV is excellent when it comes to its products and customer support. Scott and Mike have been very helpful to me on several occasions and have always been very responsive. Mike even FaceTimed me while he was in Japan to help diagnose an issue I was having. Not many companies are going to go out of their way like that to take care of their customer.
            ATV Artist aDrums, TD-50DP, Superior Drummer 3.0, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post

Well in that case I can understand he may be frustrated but I agree that “hate” may be a little too strong. Unfortunately companies are always adding incentives and discounts to aging products in order to extend their shelf life. I to have spent almost $200 on sounds but I guess this is the price we pay for being early adopters.

I agree with you that ATV is excellent when it comes to its products and customer support. Scott and Mike have been very helpful to me on several occasions and have always been very responsive. Mike even FaceTimed me while he was in Japan to help diagnose an issue I was having. Not many companies are going to go out of their way like that to take care of their customer.
              Agree 100%. ATV has been nothing but excellent in regards to technical support and customer service. I don't regret paying for the sound store items at all, and will happily buy more when they are released. The 5th Anniversary edition looks to be a limited run anyway.
              Last edited by molson; 12-06-19, 09:21 AM.
              ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

This is not a request for support, but strategic questions, to the discretion of the company. You mixing 2 differents things. It is probably a bit embarassing for them to answer those inquiry (I have to agree that we all expected those things ready for 3rd quarter of this year ...).

However, they have replyed to me on the exact same questions Maybe try another entry point ?

Comment

My best guess is that they decided to hold off on all communication until NAMM. We shall see...
                  ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

I hope so !

Comment

Man, when you buy a car, you totally hate the dealer when he sells the same model with additional extras for the same price 3 years after you purchased it? If yes, you are on route for a very unhappy life.
                      Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post
                        Man, when you buy a car, you totally hate the dealer when he sells the same model with additional extras for the same price 3 years after you purchased it? If yes, you are on route for a very unhappy life.
                        I'm the kind of person who haven't and never will buy a brand new car ... I bought them when nobody wants them anymore for the 1/10th of their price, i do maintenance and repair by myself, so your lessons about happiness ... And anyway what the relationship between happiness and hardware/money ? Are'nt you a bit lost ?

But yes, when it comes to product not so expensive (as an aD-5 for instance), I'm totally ok to pay extra money to have stuff right away ! And again, I love ATV, it is a young and fresh company, with obviously flaws and delays, but I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                        X