Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Td-17 vs Yamaha DTX-720

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td-17 vs Yamaha DTX-720

I’m in the market for a 2nd had kit. There are two on sale locally, the Roland Td-17 has three pdx-12 pads but only a crash and ride and I guess missing a tom from the standard setup. The Yamaha has an extra 15 ride cymbal but the pads are 8” snare and 6” toms. Both have the same asking price which is €1k. Any thoughts? It’ll be use for home practice and some
    odd recordings through SD2

thanks

DTX for many reasons.
    - 3-zone pads - so rim/head/cross-stick or bell/bow/edge
    - sound layering and switching
    - silicone pad(s) - no hot spots, not bouncy, very quiet
    - dedicated app (if you like those things) [1]
    - no proprietary cable snake - total flexibility and easy to sort, esp if you're ever live.
    - MIDI IN and OUT for expansion [very important!]
    - excellent MIDI capabilities for use as a source kit - no limitations on what MIDI note you can put anywhere on the kit, and no limitations on MIDI channel on any part, along with MIDI note stacking on pads and note switching on hits etc.

I'll leave the TD17 owners to do their bit. Duck.

[1]
    Last edited by electrodrummer; 11-24-19, 07:43 PM.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Yeah the lack of a midi in is strange to me, I was hoping to be able to expand with my old spd30 but that won’t work with the td-17

Comment

Working...
      X