Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD1DMK+VST or TD17?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD1DMK+VST or TD17?

Hello! Im a newbie drummer and I want to buy my first e-kit. I have doubts about buying a TD1DMK and access more sounds through a VST or buying a TD17KV. I don't know if it's worth the price difference. Can anybody help me?
    Thank you in advance!!

I was going to get the TD1 for exactly the same reasons (trigger VST sounds). But after trying them both in a shop, I bought the TD17 KVX (get the KVX), feels so much better, much better cymbals and the ride has 3 triggers(Bow/Bell/Edge) and the extra crash, real hihat Separate Stand needed) and larger 12" snare and just the overall feel is so much better and of course a better sound module, the bluetooth feature makes playing to tracks off your phone so easy and quick if you just want a quick blast without turning on your computer. But, if you just want to trigger some VSTs and rant bothered about any of that, get the TD1. Of course the TD-17 KVX is more expensive, and you have to buy an addition HiHat stand. but to me, it was easily worth it over the basic TD1.
    Last edited by Whagi; 11-22-19, 07:31 AM.
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

Thank you very much for your advice!! I think I’ ll go for the TD17.

Comment

Seconding Whagi. There are lesser Roland kits than the TD-1DMK, but my own recommendation is don't buy at this level in the Roland lineup. The TD-17KVX is where I recommend people start with Roland as this kit provides a reasonable level of playability. Therefore, my vote goes to the TD-17KVX. Also note, don't go lesser in the TD-17 lineup. Stay with the TD-17KVX or above.

Comment

Thank you TangTheHump!

Comment

Working...
          X