Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Replacing Cy-8 with Cy-12r/c for Td11k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Cy-8 with Cy-12r/c for Td11k

Hi, this is my first post in the forums. I apologize if this has been brought up before, I’ve done searches on the subject and I’m not sure I understand.

I recently bought a used Td-11k kit, and I am interested in upgrading it. I’ve come across someone selling a Cy-12r/c at a good price. Can I replace my Cy-8 ride with it and plug it with the RDB and ride cable to enable the 3 zones, and then plug the Cy-8 in as a second crash using the expansion port? Is the three zone compatible or do I need to find a cy-13r or 15r?

Thanks! Looking forward to getting to know people on here!

the cy12 r/c is 3 zone 2 cable to use a s ride or 1 cable to uses as a crash
    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Right. When I look in the pad settings for the ride I see options for the 12C and 13R but nothing for 12RC. Does anyone know what pad setting it requires? Am I missing an update to the module?

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
        Right. When I look in the pad settings for the ride I see options for the 12C and 13R but nothing for 12RC. Does anyone know what pad setting it requires? Am I missing an update to the module?
        Use Cy-13R ..... that is a 3 zone Ride. All the pad types are just trigger parameters slightly adjusted for the individual stock cymbal and even the stock settings may need to be adjusted to taste. So choose the 3 zone Ride Cy-13R and adjust slightly as needed. You may not even need to tweak the settings.
        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Great thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X