Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Mount for Yamaha DTX pads to do hybrid setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount for Yamaha DTX pads to do hybrid setup

I have a Roland TM-6 Pro module and a Yamaha DTX 502 set. The pads are pure rubber and not nice to play on, ditto for the cymbals. However, I'd like to use them to add to my set as extra sounds where finesse isn't needed (claps, splash, etc).

The DTX pads have a horizontal hexagonal hole in them and then right-angled pieces that mount to the rack. Is there any better option for mounting them than something like a https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8L1QEG...v_ov_lig_dp_it?

In case you're not familiar, the DTX mount I'm referring to is this:

I'm not using a rack on my set, so ignore that part of the clamp. They're odd compared to most pads because the rod goes into the pad horizontally instead of vertically.

I thought about just using a cymbal boom, but the end of the boom is too small for the pad to clamp onto. It MIGHT work if I had a boom with a 10mm rod on the end, but I'm not sure it'll even clamp down on that.

Comment

(in the nicest possible way...)

OK that's really confusing.

WHAT (model numbers) do you want to mount to WHAT (describe, or photo) ?

Exactly?

(and your link is probably not the answer!)

<aside> nothing wrong with rubber - what have drummers been practising on for many many decades? </aside>
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Sorry... see if this helps...

I have an acoustic kit (that we're taking hybrid and triggering it, but for the purposes of this it's all standard acoustic hardware). I've got spare inputs on the module, and I've got the DTX pads lying around, so I'd like to set them up as some extra pads around the set (above floor tom, next to the hihat, etc). So far the best way I've thought of to mount them in position is something like the arm in my first post. So that arm grabs onto a cymbal stand that I've already got in place, and the other end holds the thick plastic end of the DTX pad mount.

Comment

Here's what I'm trying to mount:

pad.PNG

So I'm looking for the best way to mount that to a normal acoustic set.

Comment

Use any tom mount bracket or multi clamp

Comment

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...BoC1ygQAvD_BwE

Comment

Billions of options - depends what you mount the pad to. The hole in the is a standard Yamaha hex spike as used on all Yamaha acoustic and electronic kits - so you can use any Yamaha tom mount.
                You can mount either the plastic lump on your current mount using any standard multiclamp. Or use Yamaha "ball" tom mounts for max flexibility and mount those to your kit. Many many many options.

*** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
                Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
                X