Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KT-10 as replacement for KD-10 + Iron Cobra 600?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT-10 as replacement for KD-10 + Iron Cobra 600?

Hi, all.

I'm still trying to find a good drum kick that feels good, has good response and low noise.

The original drum pad that came with my drum was a rubber pad. Terribly loud and terrible feeling.

Then I bought the Triggera Krigg v3 to use with my Iron Cobra 600. I didn't like it so much so I returned it.

​​Then I found a good bargain on ebay. It was a KD-10 unused, still sealed in the box for 70 EUR and I bought it.

That's my current setup.

It feels good with the original felt beater from my Iron Cobra 600. But it's also super loud.

https://mthumbs.static-thomann.de/th...od/380296.webp
    ​​
    Then I tried different types of beaters:
    - The drum tec sound absorber: https://www.drum-tec.de/media/image/...g-Beater_1.jpg
    - One that is a tennis ball: https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/205359/9180197_800.jpg

And both did reduced the noise and vibration, but increased a lot the rebound and the double triggering to the point it's not pleasant to play.

So I'm now looking for another option and that's when I found about the KT-10.

What are your opinions about selling both Iron Cobra 600 and the KD-10 to buy one KT-10? In terms of noise, is KT-10 something in between the Triggera Krigg v3 and the KD-10?

I really want something that is a pleasure to play with.

Triggera Krigg v3 was not a good feeling.
    KD-10 with Iron Cobra 600 and felt beater was good feeling, but quite loud for me.
    KD-10 with Iron Cobra 600 and the noise reducing beaters was prone to double trigger, but had less noise than the felt beater.

Maybe KT-10 is my last hope?

In terms of feel; you'll find the KT-10 is halfway between a hard rubber (KD-8) and your KD-10 with felt beater but there is zero double triggering with the KT-10. Do you bury the beater?

But the KT-10 won't do actual doubles either unless your feet command it, as there's almost no rebound. Consider if you actually want that.

Tbh I would consider Roland noise eaters before changing out the lot for a KT-10 as you will struggle to lower noise and vibration much further than what you already have.

I say your KD-10 with Drum-tec sound absorbing beaters is already close to peak performance with only ATV aD-K18, and Drumtec kicks being possibly more ultimate in feel.
    Last edited by Kabonfaiba; 11-03-19, 08:00 PM.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Working...
    X