Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Ok hope I'm posting this in the right spot... First time post and I need some advice :-)

I'm about to pull the trigger on a roland kit my budget is about 1K.

I have the ability to purchase the following items for $900

1 module Td 11
    1 pcs - Kd9
    2 pcs - Pd-105
    3 pcs - Pd - 85
    1 pcs - Cy-12
    1 pcs - Cy-13
    2 pcs - Cy-8
    1 pcs - Cy-5
    1 pcs - Stand Td 11
    1 pedal kick Pearl - p930
    1 pcs - pdx8

I'm pretty sure the td11 can't trigger all of these devices but I'm thinking use what I can and upgrade the module at al later time if I decide to connect more devices.

My second option is to purchase the following for $970

​​​​​​Roland TD-17KV-S that is in mint condition according to reverb and comes with a 6 month warranty.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated I've previously owned a td6 kit and an alesis dm10. I really enjoyed the dm10 but it wasn't very durable...

Thanks
    Michael

If you mean TD-17 KVX, I would go with that because of the better module (sounds, bluetooth, sample import, audio interface), moving hi hat (VH-10) and bigger snare. The price is great!

Comment

No its just the KV version with the integrated hi hat and 2 cymbals

Comment

Of those two - the TD17.
        Of all drum options - neither
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Thanks II'm going to get the td17

Comment

Go with the 17...
            Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

No question on this one. Another vote for the TD-17. Even though it's not the KVX version, it sounds significantly better and is much more playable than that TD-11 mongrel kit.
              Last edited by TangTheHump; 11-01-19, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X