Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Incridible In-Ear headphones at Incredible Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also bought a set, like them for general use, travelling, running. I use the smallest caps, and for running don't press them in to hard to prevent contact noise (low rumble). They stay well planted on my ears. Not suited for use on a bike, too much wind noise.
    But so far still prefer the Sennheiser's with the E-kit.
    Though the lead is long enough for normal use, I do need an extension lead for use with the E-kit.
    E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpx92wez8v...3558.jpg?raw=1
    A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
    TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

I like the KZ-ZS10 Pro so much I bought another set. I like to have backups. So I have a backup set of these and M50X's too .... I'm set for years to come..... I have so many headphones I could outfit my whole band (if I had one, LOL). I tested the new ZS10 Pro's just to be sure and they sound the same as my previous set ... so I'm good!
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
        I like the KZ-ZS10 Pro so much I bought another set. I like to have backups. So I have a backup set of these and M50X's too .... I'm set for years to come..... I have so many headphones I could outfit my whole band (if I had one, LOL). I tested the new ZS10 Pro's just to be sure and they sound the same as my previous set ... so I'm good!
        I think I could kit a band or two out with the amount of headphones I have as well these have now become my go to dog walking headphones
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I did also buy a pair of the ZS10 Pro...and I must confess these sounds just great! Better than my shure 535...for that price...don’t think...just order best friends...

Best Regards

anders / www.zourman.com
          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3,5,5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

I don’t know how anyone can stand the Shures. I tried all three pair... yes, even the $900 ones, and they all sucked. The two lower end sounded exactly the same. I loved these KZs so much, I bought three pair for the future.
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
              I don’t know how anyone can stand the Shures. I tried all three pair... yes, even the $900 ones, and they all sucked. The two lower end sounded exactly the same. I loved these KZs so much, I bought three pair for the future.
              Now it is official ..... you are worse than me ...... GAS
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Got another email this morning asking about monitoring.

These KZ ZS10 Pro IEMs are amazing. They're also sporting a $5 off coupon right now. I bought two backup pair, I loved them so much. If you haven't gotten them yet, and you're the IEM type, go get them.

https://amzn.to/358Vwge

IEMs.jpg

Also, if you are the headphone type, these are what Jerry and I recommend. They're $20 off right now!

https://amzn.to/36dR0hQ

HPs.jpg

By the way, the M50Xs are AMAZING for recording and engineering in a DAW with Sonarworks.
                Alan
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks to all contributors of this thread for giving me those tips. As I was always keen on trying out IEM phones for eDrumming, I was curious about the KZ ZS10 Pros - given your positive reviews and the price! When checking on amazon, I found even a newer model (KZ ZSX - which differ a bit regarding outer design and that it has even 6 drivers with even one that has 10 mm, plus its impedance is higher (24 Ohms) - and the price is a bit higher...). I don't have a comparison with the other KZ model, but they do sound great - very dynamic. Of course, the sound is not comparable (not as natural) to higher-priced Over-Ear headphones - but it's really working with my eDrums (TD-50) - they are comfortable and finally my ears can breathe... :-) Just I will need a longer cable.

Comment

@ mitsch_the_mojo: glad you like them, that 's hopeful! I posted in this thread that I bought them as well, but they haven't arrived yet https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...296-kz-in-ears. Me too, I based my purchase on the above comments and reviews that I found, and on the fact that it's a newer model.

Does the higher impedance matter for sound quality?

@ Jerry: how are the AS-series to be compared with the ZS? I ask because you have the AS10, and I had seen and was doubting at a certain point the newer (?) AS12's for about 50 $ with 12 drivers, and the AS16' with 16 drivers (and the quite a bit higher price of > 90 $! --> point of diminishing returns?) Although, the AS16 went out of my mind quite quicky, looking at that price...
                    'lectric drumma
                    Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

@ Jerry: how are the AS-series to be compared with the ZS? I ask because you have the AS10, and I had seen and was doubting at a certain point the newer (?) AS12's for about 50 $ with 12 drivers, and the AS16' with 16 drivers (and the quite a bit higher price of > 90 $! --> point of diminishing returns?) Although, the AS16 went out of my mind quite quicky, looking at that price...
                      The only one that is worth it to me is the ZS10-Pro the others aren't worth the time. I don't own the new ZSX which you mentioned. But reviews do a lot of comparisons to the ZS10-Pro and similarities, generally all good reviews I have seen so far .... so i'm looking forward to more feedback on those, although I need more headphones or IEM's like I need another hole in my head .... LOL.

Comment

As soon as I've received my ZSX, I'll try to let you know what I think of it. Of course, I can't compare to the other KZ IEM's, only to my normal headphone and my UE's. Best would be if I had all the ones I would like to compare in person, but that would become really expensive… btw, in case you're not aware I've read very positive things about the KZ NS7's as well, especially in the bass department.

Hehe… if you'd happen to find that other hole in your head, the NS7's are only around 30 $ . Don't forget to give us your review afterwards! You may buy them as your own eastern gift? And maybe someone ma give you the ZSX's as a present for your eastern as well!

Now all kidding aside, do in your opinion the KZ IEM's need a burn in time?
                        'lectric drumma
                        Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Working...
                        X